It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:26 am

Free Newsletter

Another New One

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another New One

Postby Pussycat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi I'm new here, and thought that I would introduce myself.
I have been "lurking" around the message boards for some time and finally today have decided to "bite the bullet" so to speak.
I am a 42 year old (43 in 15 days) single Mum of 3 wonderful boys. I work part time, study full time, and don't get near enough sleep.
I have struggled with my weight for all of my adult life, and never really got to goal - always seemed to come up that 10 or 15 kg short. I have decided to "jump on the bandwagon" yet again, after a 5kg gain after giving up smoking in the new year. Now I know that some people would say "Only 5 kg!" but add that to the other 20 that I already had to lose, it sure adds up.
Hope to get to know you all real soon.

Pussycat
I must make time for me!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8LUJQB/]
[/url]
Pussycat

Re: Another New One

Postby tania2573 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi welcome and good luck
Wd on giving up smoking
Im sure you will get all the support help and motivation you need and it wont take long to lose the weight you want to.
Looking forward to watching your progress
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Welcome to the forum, hopefully with the help of the encouraging people here you will stay on track & finally get to your goal weight.
Shout out if you need anything & I look forward to reading about your progress. :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi and welcome! This forum is a great place to find encouragement and support whether you have 2 20 or 200kg to lose :mrgreen: We all look forward to seeing your progress
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby ~Rose~ » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:51 am

Hi pussycat Im new here also, I know how it feels with the whole giving up smoking and putting on weight. I actually put on 15kg when I gave up and I didn't change my eating to compensate for the loss of smoking. Anyway I was stupid enough to take it back up... but I figure now my mind is completely set on getting to my goal weight, the smokes are going again too. D-day Monday and if everyone here doesn't mind I think I'll post my quitting stats along with my weight stats... hopefully it will help. :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Pussycat » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:35 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Good luck with the quitting Rose, I know you can do it - Keep busy and concentrating on something else really helps.

Judith
I must make time for me!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8LUJQB/]
[/url]
Pussycat

Return to Introductions