It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:44 am

Free Newsletter

New lady here, already have lost 20 kg, but need to lose mor

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New lady here, already have lost 20 kg, but need to lose mor

Postby AmyK_80 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is Amy, and I'm from the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne.

I have been trying my hardest to lose weight since Sept. last year. I have lost around 20kg.

I started on Betty Baxter, but found that it got boring after awhile. So for the last three weeks, I've been doing Jenny Craig, and so far I am very happy with the results.

I have two children, aged 3 and 10 months. I walk nearly every day, but really need to increase my steps. I was going to the gym, but I'm kinda preferring the walking and doing my own thing.

Guess one of the major life disturbances I have had in the last 8 weeks is- hair loss. I've been to several doctors and they pinned it down to the low carb BB program- so I advise anyone who is on it, just make sure you are taking multivitamins and get your bloodwork checked regularly. I got all my hair cut off, I was close to shaving it. It will grow back though.

I guess I knew I was doing well, because something like this would have really given me an excuse to binge. It didn't, and I am proud to say that I haven't binged for several months. I'm an emotional and "bored" eater. Esp, the emotion part!

My goal weight is 68kg, so I have a few more kg to go, I can't wait to hit 99! I've dropped from about a size 26 to an 18- and I love being slimmer!

Re: New lady here, already have lost 20 kg, but need to lose mor

Postby ~Rose~ » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi AmyK wow 20kg is great you should be very proud of yourself :)
You'll find lots of support and good advice here :)
Regarding your hair loss, did your doctor to do a shilling test, to check how well your body absorbs B12? Just thought it may be worthwhile mentioning as my body doesn't absorb it and when I first found out it was due to a massive bald patch on my head. It can be caused by pernious aneamia (my case) or just a very poor diet lacking in b12. Anyway like I said just thought it may be worth a mention.

And good on you for not giving in :D 26 to an 18 thats fantastic :D

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

Re: New lady here, already have lost 20 kg, but need to lose mor

Postby leeni.s2 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:29 pm

wow, 20kg, well done amy!!
how is jenny craig working for you?
whats that involve?

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet

Return to Introductions