It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Lost 55 kgs so far...looking to lose another 35 kgs

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost 55 kgs so far...looking to lose another 35 kgs

Postby Slackeroo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:20 am

Hi there.

I'm new to this site but not to weight loss. I use Calorie King (CK) to record my food and exercise but am just looking for some friendly, non-competative support to finish this "journey".

I started using the resources at CK in about 2004, with some success but I fell "off wagon" and stayed off for quite some time - well until early September 2006. I had left a de facto relationship about 6 weeks earlier and once I finally stopped inhaling 1 litre tubs of ice cream and gin & tonic, I took stock and got my act together and started this process. By that stage I weighed 170 kgs, and sad gain on the 156 kgs I weighed when I first joined CK.

Between September and December 2006, I went from 170 kgs to 141 kgs. I joined a gym and was making good progress. January to August 2007 I went "off wagon", not overnight but gradually as part of seeing someone who made me feel accepted and loved. I kept on training during that time, in particular in April 2007 I changed gyms and started training with the trainer I am still with now. But I got lazy with my food and stopped recording what I was eating.

I also had a succession of infections which made it a hellish winter in terms of asthma. I was so sick last year to the point where it is the first time I have really apppreciated what it means to not have your health. And all other motivations aside, that experience taught me that our health is the most precious thing we have. It is my asthma, more than anything else that motivates me to keep on this path.

So as at the beginning of September 2007 I weighed 150.7 kgs, was single again and frankly heart-broken and despite exercising relatively regularly I hadn't really made much progress in terms of my fitness. Being quite ill nearly every three or four weeks hadn't helped. My personal trainer had been telling me time and time again what changes I needed to make to my eating, but it took me until September 2007 to find the mojo to actually do that.

Since that time, I have been doing RPM (cycle or spin classes for those non-Less Mills types) on a regular basis, as well as continuing with my PT sessions, weight training and more recently, interval running. As of Thursday 13 March, I weigh 114.3 kgs. I train 6-8 times a week most usually. I have come to really enjoy exercise for the first time in my life and I am learning more constructive responses to emotional issues and other stresses as alternatives to binge eating. I don't absolutely always succeed but I am getting there.

Part of me expects that this is all very undeserved and bound to come crashing down around my ears. But the rational, sensible part of me knows that it is largely down to pulling my finger out and finding the resolve to just do it. I am enjoying exercise and appreciating the fitness gains I am making, little by litte. As I drop weight I find I am more and more physically capable and I enjoy seeing those changes and developments.

I'm excited about this and looking forward to the future....would be good to hear from some like-minded souls.

xox
xox
Kiri

HW: 170 kgs (Sept 2006)
CW: 113.2 kgs
GW: 75 kgs

http://bridgingthegulf.blogspot.com/

Slackeroo

Re: Lost 55 kgs so far...looking to lose another 35 kgs

Postby ali76 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:41 am

Welcome slackeroo!!

You've definately come to the right place for encouragement and support - we're all here for the same goal!

Not sure about us lot not being competitive though (Tam & Helen.... :twisted: ). If you've checked the forum out, you might see we have monthly challenges, etc but it's all in good fun and a form of encouragement?!

Well done on all the changes you've made so far - you're doing great and will keep doing so! We're all here to help you along the way.

Good luck!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Slackeroo » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks Ali.

I really should learn how to count - I have closer to 40 kgs to go :?
xox
Kiri

Slackeroo

Postby big_love » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:04 pm

ali76 wrote: Not sure about us lot not being competitive though (Tam & Helen.... :twisted: ).

OMG i didnt think anyone noticed any of the :shock: :P :wink: :mrgreen:

Slackaroo....you have come so far already!!! What an achievement. This is such a great place to be while loosing weight, and the competition is pretty friendly around here!...although you gotta watch out for Helen...in that jelly pool she is UNSTOPPABLE!! :wink: :mrgreen:

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your progress

cheers :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby lng86 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi! And welcome to the forum.

You have come so far already... And I look forward to reading about your continual success!

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Almostskinny » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:35 pm

Welcome! And with a weight history like yours, you've inspired me to stop yo-yoing around.

Good Luck

It's almost over now, almost over now - N*E*R*D
Almostskinny

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:02 am

Welcome Slackeroo !!!

There's nothing slack about the effort you've made to date, 55kgs is phenomenal !!!

Now if you would please allow me to respond to the two trouble makers that like to throw me in the spot light ;)

ali76 wrote:Not sure about us lot not being competitive though (Tam & Helen.... :twisted: ).

You just had to didnt you ? You were just jealous that we didnt throw you in the jelly last time Tam & I went head to head :twisted: :mrgreen:

[quote="big_love]

OMG i didnt think anyone noticed any of the :shock: :P :wink: :mrgreen:

Slackaroo....you have come so far already!!! What an achievement. This is such a great place to be while loosing weight, and the competition is pretty friendly around here!...although you gotta watch out for Helen...in that jelly pool she is UNSTOPPABLE!! :wink: :mrgreen:
[quote]

How could they not notice us babes in a pool of jelly my dear ;) Oh and one more thing ... you're due for another a$$ whoopin' :twisted: :mrgreen:

So getting back to you Slackeroo, there's no competition here at all :mrgreen: Looking forward to your last 35kgs to fly off you. You've definitely inspired me to keep going ( having a mini slump at the mo')
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby qtpie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:43 pm

hey there nice to meet you!!!

welcome!!! good luck with your weightloss, great to meet you!!!

:)
qtpie

Postby ali76 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:40 pm

See how cool the chicks in this forum are?!?! haha! :mrgreen: :lol: :P

Welcome!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:04 pm

ali76 wrote:See how cool the chicks in this forum are?!?! haha! :mrgreen: :lol: :P

Welcome!

TOO RIGHT :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Slackeroo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:43 pm

Thanks kids - still finding my way around this place :mrgreen:
xox
Kiri

Slackeroo

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:20 am

Hey Slackeroo

Are you still around? I'm a fellow Canberran - what say we keep each other motivated through the never-ending
Canberra winter? - Although with what you've already achieved, doesn't look like you need too much outside motivation! :D
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Return to Introductions