It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:45 am

Free Newsletter

Beginings (advice please)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginings (advice please)

Postby TheAle » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi, i decided to loss weight and mass(specially around the chest and belly area) and i wonder if you can give me some beginners tips? Male, 172 feet, 85 K. For breakfast i generally eat a sugary cereal(im going to change that), For lunch, rice with beans,a potato and some meat(beef, chicken or fish, never pork), for dinner the same as lunch, what i drink during the day is ice tea and water. I don't drink alcohol, smoke and most of the time i avoid soda. My weak spot is candy and bakeries, sometimes i indulge to much on them, but i will try to control my self. I do exercise regularly, judo four days, ten hours a week. The other days i run 30 minutes. The judo routine includes at least one hour of cardio per day and sometimes heavy exercising. But it seems that not enough for me to loss mass and weight, so i would love to hear some advice. My goal is to get a lean body. Well thanks and goodbye :D

Re: Beginings (advice please)

Postby Slackeroo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:54 pm

Hey Ale

I found counting calories the most effective way of losing weight (that combined with exercise). Within that I try and make sure I have healthy percentages of carbohydrates, protein and fat. There are plenty of online tools that can calculate how many calories you should be eating to lose weight depending on your height, age and activity level etc.

Calorie King ( is free and a good one stop shop for working out what you should be doing. You can do your personal profile which will calculate your recommended calories as well as generate an eating plan for you if you want. It also has a food datebase and food and exercise diary that you can use to record your daily food and exercise calories.

But first things would be to lessen the amount of processed, sugary food from your diet - like the dodgy cereal and the sweets and baked goods. These should become occassional rather than everyday foods. Drink plenty of water and get out there and move more.

Good luck.

HW: 170 kgs (Sept 2006)
CW: 113.2 kgs
GW: 75 kgs

Return to Introductions