It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 am

Free Newsletter

another newie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

another newie

Postby jilliansmyhero » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:38 pm

Hey well ive finally got my s#*t together and am ready to start. I joined not so long ago but have mainly been looking around so finally im gonna get started So here’s my plan and details
Brekkie: yoghurt, 2 slices of toast, 1 fruit
Snack: yoghurt, 1 fruit
Lucnh: meat and salad sandwich/roll or wrap, 1 fruit
Arvo: skim hot chocolate
Dinner: meat stir fry or meat salad or tacos with lean mince or lean mince hambuger
Post workout: sculpt shake

Exercise: 1 dvd workout a day, weights every day doing different parts, 1/2hr to 2hrs of cardio a day.

any advice and feedback would be a great help on what i have worked out.
jilliansmyhero

Re: another newie

Postby qtpie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:22 pm

you definatly off to a great start, my advice might be in the morning instead of having toast have some cerial or musli, instead of having bread, too much bread can be bad for you, then again you have to like what you are eating otherwise you won't stick with it, eggs are good to have for breakfast too.

skim hot chocolate could probabply be replace by a yoghurt or something, i belive that just because it's skim doesn't mean it's good for you

Anyone else please tell me if that is bad advice!!!

you still off to a great start!!!! you food choices are great, just remember protien is great for your diet as well so red meat. chick fist and eggs are great
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg
Long term goal: 68kg
qtpie

Re: another newie

Postby Tarz » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:31 pm

Hi,
Qtpie you have given good advice. And jilliansmyhero welcome to the forum. :D
Can i just say be wary of the yogurt you choose, some are alot higher then others in calories even though they say diet or light so just check before you buy. And maybe find a cereal you like thats high in fibre and protein so you stay full longer. Your exercise plan sounds great. What is a sculpt shake? Is that a type of protein shake?
And just a thought, instead of having tacos with mince have chicken or lean beef strips on it, lower calories and more protein and iron for you. And since reading your post i am craving buritos cos i haven't had them for so long. :wink:
Good luck with yuour weightloss journey and look forward to seeing you around the forum.
Tarz

Return to Introductions