It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

New New New

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New New New

Postby alison2006lucie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:05 am

Hi Everyone,
I'm nearly 20, 157 cms tall and weigh about 85 kilos.. I haven't weighed myself for a few weeks. I try to avoid it! haha.. My goal is to be 60-65 kilos by the time I'm 21 which is June of 09. Is this a realistic goal? I have started eating a soy and linseed bread roll with one of those little tins of Tempters tuna and a piece of fruit for a meal. I will eat a small portion of lean meat or chicken with some steamed vegies for dinner. Does anyone have any tips for inexpensive, but healthy and tasty meals that I can take on my student teaching? I have to be able to eat on the go with marking and duty and running after kids, after all. I don't get a great deal of exercise but I love walking. Can anyone give me any tips about starting out an exercise plan which will get consistently harder?
I work in fast food which makes it easy to drink soft drink constantly but today I worked an 8 hour shift without touching the stuff, only water.. so.. that was good :)
I think being on the forums will help with motivation.. Any tips you can offer would be fantastic! :)
Cheers.
alison2006lucie

Re: New New New

Postby tw1light » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:33 am

Hi! I'm relatively new here too. Started diet 2 weeks ago. I'm turning 19 this year. Advice, come to the forum when you're feeling down, or quiting and you'll find yourself motivated again! Exercising more will definitely help especially walking or running. Definitely try to stay away from soft drinks. Not totally deprive yourself of course. Maybe substituting soft drinks with a glass of milk daily? I'd try the weekly weigh in forum 'cause then you can keep track and stay motivated as well. Anyway, best of luck!! To both of us. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZJ5O22/]
[/url]

Mini goal: 75 kg
Reward: not sure yet...

bane of my existence: CHOCOLATES!!
tw1light

Postby tw1light » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:36 am

Oops, forgot to mention that skim milk would be best. :) And try to have 5 smaller meals a day. That's what I'm doing and it prevents me from bingeing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZJ5O22/]
[/url]

Mini goal: 75 kg
Reward: not sure yet...

bane of my existence: CHOCOLATES!!
tw1light

Postby alison2006lucie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:35 am

I HATE milk. I drink a lot of water. I usually don't drink soft drinks unless I'm at work. I'll try to drink milk but I'd much rather drink water.
alison2006lucie

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:23 am

water is definately the way to go!!

Also have a look at the calorie King website, its fantastic and has great tools for logging your daily food etc.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby alison2006lucie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I love drinking water.
I thought that 20 kilos by June 09 was a fair bit but there are people on here who have lost 10 kgs in like 3 months! That's unreal!
Being on here so far has been a really big motivator.. Mainly because I can see that there are other people in my position who are working towards their goals! Not many of my friends are particularly chubby at all.. So.. anyway. I'm really looking forward to reaching my goal and I'm willing to put in the work.
alison2006lucie

Return to Introductions