It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Free Newsletter

New Lardy Loser!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New Lardy Loser!

Postby SparkleMoppet » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi Everyone :D

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I am 38 years old and I have 32kg to lose. I have tried lots of diets and just got fatter. I have finally realised that I am seriously hooked on food. I don't eat because I have "issues" or so that I will gain weight to hide from the world. I eat because I love food food food. I love the taste, texture and smell of food. I love the sight of it. I love cooking it, eating it, shopping for it and talking about it. I have reached a point where I deny myself nothing now and that is really really unhealthy.

So in an effort to address my unhealthy attitude to food I am doing Optifast. I know that Optifast is despised by many (Opticrap, Optiyuck etc) but I believe that it will be my salvation. You see, if you have a problem with alcohol, cigarettes or drugs you can just stop using them. Unfortunately you can't do that with food - you still have to eat. By having Optifast it removes choice for me and it also stops me from having to have anything to do with food. I am doing the intensive phase now (just wrapping up day 3) and I intend to do that until I get down to under 100kg. I was 112.7kg when I started. Then I will slowly reintroduce food one meal at a time. This will give me a chance to adjust and get real about food choices and portion sizes.

By the way, I actually love the Optifast food. My favourite shake is vanilla and I am so in love with the chocolate bars that I fantasize about them - they are scrummy. Weird I know.

I am not finding this hard at all. Having said that I am still in the honeymoon phase and there is always the chance that Optifast and I will have a lovers tiff - I doubt it though.

Anyway, that is my situation. I look forward to meeting you all around the board. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqQt8cb/]
[/url]
SparkleMoppet

Re: New Lardy Loser!

Postby ~Rose~ » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:50 pm

Hey Sparkle welcome to the forum :D You'll find lots of support, motivation and good advice here and everyone is really friendly. I know what you mean about loving food :) I'm the same and hubby just loves to cook! Watch food shows etc all the time. I've just changed my approach to it now and get excited about cooking & learning about the right foods or healthy options. I thought I'd find watching Food shows with hubby painful now but it hasn't turned out that way at all. I watch them now to see what healthy options I can learn to cook or just to get ideas on how to spice up a salad etc.,
Anyway good luck and I look forward to reading about your progress :D

~Rose~ :D

SW - 111kg
CW - 106kg
GW - 65kg
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:18 am

Hi Sparkle, welcome to the forum!
I'm new too - and I totally agree with you re: lurving food. I have an addiction to foodie mags, and my spouse makes it even harder by being a fabulous cook with a bent for cream sauces! :roll: Anyway, good luck, looking forward to seeing you around the forum.

Cheers, Sharon
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi Sparkle & Welcome !!

I too am on the Optifast program ! I was put on it by the doctors in November 07 and have since lost 30.3kgs ( had a little gain this week, but Im still sticking to the 30.3kgs hehehe ).

I am currently doing two shakes per day and a meal as the intensive program was having a negative effect one me. It's worked wonders ever since !! Are you doing Optifast under the direction of a GP or Endocrinologist or by yourself ? Be sure to have monthly blood tests to check your biochemistry, to ensure that you are getting enough vitamins & minerals.

IF you need anything, just holla :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby SparkleMoppet » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:13 pm

Thanks ladies for the lovely welcome. This is a great place.

Helen did you know that there is a forum specifically for Optifast? I signed up over there too. It is not very big yet but the people are nice. I actually prefer it over here.

If you are interested let me know and I will post the addy.

Thanks again ladies.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqQt8cb/]
[/url]
SparkleMoppet

Return to Introductions