It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:20 am

Free Newsletter

Fatty Mum of 2

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Fatty Mum of 2

Postby KONI » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi All
I'm new to this site. I am the mother of 2 very energetic kids 4yrs and almost 2yrs. I am 30kgs overweight and am determined to lose 20kgs in the next 12 months. I also have another reason to lose the weight and that is my sister's wedding coming up in November this year. I am the maid of honour. At this stage I will be the fattest bridesmaid there. I know it sounds vain, my sister is the most important person coz she's the bride, I just don't want to be embarrased about my weight and all bumps and lumps hanging out everywhere. I'm not just going to another wedding...I'm gonna be in this one! I would appreciate any advice or tips from anybody who can help get me started. What has worked well for you. I'm only sure of one thing at this point and that is getting my Hubby to take a before photo. Hopefully this will inspire me to lose the weight quicker and give me more determination to lose the weight. I would really love to chat to other people on here to get some more support and to support other people. I LOOOOOVVVVEE!!!! my food and I am really worried I won't make it the fiirst week again without caving in. Please help me!!
Hope to hear from some of you soon.
Koni

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6SoTiu/]
[/url]
KONI

Re: Fatty Mum of 2

Postby ~Rose~ » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Koni welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful advice & support here, I sure have... and every is very friendly :D
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

[/url]
~Rose~

Postby tania2573 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi, Welcome and good luck with your goals :D
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby new*me » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:56 am

Hey goodluck with the Journey I have 2 kids as well, a little girl 4(5 in July) and a little boy 2(3 in November).

I believe that will be my hardest task, when they hand me the last of their biscuit or choc or icecream actually throwing it in the bin and not eating it.
I want to wish you every success in your journey and hope that I can offer you support during it. Goodluck
[center]On the road to a happier, healthier me
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wpBaclp/]
[/url][/center]
new*me

Postby alison2006lucie » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi Koni
I only just joined the forums last week but so far just being here and reading everyone's stories and advice has been a massive help.
I have just made it through my first week of eating super healthy and exercising every day. I feel better already!! You will too!

I have been tricking truckloads of water, and even though always having to pee is annoying, water really helps fill a hole if you're feeling hungry. I've read in several places that water really is the key to weightloss. I've also found that golden delicious apples or bananas really satisfy a craving for something sweet. As for exercising, I have been walking a fair bit, and also doing the nutbush!!! Haha, I know it sounds silly, but it's a lot of fun once you get past the feeling silly part! Your kids could dance around the loungeroom with you! What fun! Haha. Do it for 15-40 minutes over and over and you'll really get your heart pumping. It's freakin' awesome!

I don't actually own any scales so I'm not getting fixed on a number, but right now it's all about getting healthy, eating well, and exercising.

Being at the forefront of a wedding party is a really big job, and very daunting if you're not feeling good about yourself, I'm sure! It's a great goal to work towards! Like you said, you don't want to steal the day away from your sister, but also think of it in terms of how happy she'll be to have her gorgeous slim sister along side her to celebrate her big day! I'm working towards climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge in November! Decide on something awesome, and picture yourself that way. It'll be more important than any food. I love chocolate and icecream, and just junk in general, but this past week, I feel really empowered that I have been able to stay away from all of it.

I guess what I've been thinking this past week is "Do I want this *__food__* more than I want to be thin and healthy?" ... Answer? Hell no.

So, best of luck! This is a really supportive environment and you'll be glad you joined, even if sharing your weight and occasional downfalls with strangers can be a bit confronting. More than that, there are a lot of really encouraging people here, and you really will get the support you need from here.
alison2006lucie

Postby grugwashere » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Hey Koni,

how ya going, its your daggy little sisterling here.

I will help you with your weightloss, I too want to loose at least another ten before the wedding.

We should take before and after photo's together!

see you round like a record,

much luff

Jo Jo
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Return to Introductions