It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Free Newsletter

It's time to begin another diet!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

It's time to begin another diet!!!

Postby Hayleyd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:46 pm

Hi There everyone,
Well I am about to embark on yet another diet. I am 5,2 and weight 80.5kg. I kept weight on after the birth of my son who is now 3 1/2 and since then I have tried...weight watchers, jenny craig, optislim, optifast, pills, gyms, personal trainers, hypnotherapy etc etc. I can manage to loose about 5kg but I just cant flick that switch in my brain. I have stumbled across this website and I hope for some help and advice. I am so confused as what to eat although healthy is always a good start! I'm not too sure if you guys are doing any programs. I would really appreciate some help as family and friends are over it all and not very supportive....My goal weight is 65kg.
Thanks
Hayley
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:32 pm

I Hayley welcome to the weightloss forum, it's so good to have you here. There are two threads on this forum that you might find helpful, the Exercise Diary thread and Food Diary thread. when we keep a journal here on the forum of what we are doing to lose weight it often helps.
If you wish to post a ticker graph to follow your weight-loss just click here for instruction - http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865

There are also a couple of challenges going that are never too late to join.
Dolly

Postby Hayleyd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:39 pm

Hi Dolly
Thanks so much for your help.
I have done the ticker graph..hopefully it works..bit of a slap in the face though seeing 15.5kg to loose!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Hayleyd

Postby Hayleyd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:43 pm

Gosh I am new at this..and blond!!!

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Hayleyd

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi Hayley,
welcome on board. It can be discouraging to have a big target, but you'll get there eventually. Some people on this site have just set themselves mini targets with their ticker's so that they only see 5kg to lose so it's not as daunting. As you can see with mine, I had a fair whack to lose too, but 5 months on I'm getting there.

You will recieve lots of support here. I find the biggest thing to help me with weight loss is exercise and to be realistic about what I'm eating. I always ate 'good' food i.e. not maccas, but I realised it was a lot of good RICH food with cheese etc. Now I enjoy regular exercise too and I think that has helped tremendously.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Hayleyd » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:50 pm

Thanks Butterfly Dawn...that puppy is going to get to that pot of gold even if I have to drag it there yelping!!!ha ha
ps-I am an animal lover-no cruelty meant
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:09 pm

Hayley you did good with that ticker graph, the only thing wrong with it was you didn't collect all of the bbcode. You left out the [ at the beginning of the code then you left out the [/url] at the end of the code, that was why half the writing was on top of your ticker. Give it another go.

If you wish your graph to appear each time you post, just select and copy the bbcode, then open up your profile you will see the word profile at the top of each thread (you will need to type your password each time you add or delete from your profile page) then scroll down to the big window next to where it says signature and just paste your ticker graph there :lol: then go to the bottom of your profile page and click on submit

We want to watch your puppy reach the gold too!
Dolly

Postby Hayleyd » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:16 am

Thanks Dolly...maybe loosing weight is easier than this ticker graph set up!!!At least I havent given up on it...
Have a nice day
Hayley

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Groovychic » Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:21 am

Hi Hayley......welcome to the forum. It's a shame that your family and friends aren't being supportive of you anymore. Dont let them sabotage your weight loss efforts. Sounds like you have tried nearly every diet. And that is the problem with "diets". They have to be realistic so that you can keep that lifestyle change. Think carefully about what you eat. It may be that you eat a mars bar every day for morning tea or something else that's not good for you that you have everday and possibly you can cut that out and it may make a difference. Exercise is a huge importance in any weight loss program. And any program that says minimal exercise is full of crap. I know of some people who have lost weight by cutting their portions down to half. One lady who is a friend of my mum's went from having a dinner plate at night to using a bread and butter plate and she lost about 10kgs just by doing this. She also upped her exercise to 5 days a week for 30 mins instead of basically no exercise. If you really think about the diets that you have been on you can see the general rule. Exercise for as much as possible each day, with hopefully a minimum of 40 mins. You must get your heart rate up to 80% for a minimum of 20 mins for it to start burning fat. Just going for a stroll really isn't going to cut it. And cut down your portion size. And if there is something that you are having each day that is a naughty food, try to cut it out. Now that I have said all that.........do I do that???? O no I don't!!!! I love my food!!! But I do exercise for a minimum of 45 mins most days. I do have about 1 day off a week but I try to do a good exercise session each day. If I cut out eating so much crap then I know the weight would fall off me. I have toned up fantastically tho and look like I have lost about 5 kilos but it really is only 1.5kgs. It's more important how you look and how your clothes fit rather than the scales. So my suggestion to you would be to go and measure yourself. Preferrably get someone else to measure you because it is difficult to do it yourself. Tho I have measured myself. I have lost about 8cm around my stomach.....measured at my belly button....about 2 around my bust....measured across the fullest part of my bust, and about 5 around my hips. I did measure my arms and legs but it is very very difficult to remember exactly where you measured that point!!! So I don't really worry about them. I know my arms and legs have got a little smaller tho as a certain t-shirt was tight on my arms and is not anymore. And pants are looser on my legs and bum now. My waist is not as much loose but it's getting there. Anyway I have gone on and on and on. I wish you every success and look forward to seeing your progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Hayleyd » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:58 pm

Hi there Groovy Chick,
Thanks for your advice...tomorrow is my big start day.I am going to try the Tony Furgeson diet just for that little bit of help and because Im a sucker!!!! Nah hopefully it works.I think being on this forum will make the difference.I do feel that I will get there this time,especially with the support of everyone here. As for my family and friends...I will not tell them this time and hopefully shock them and make them choke on their mud cake ha ha
Hayleyd
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:54 pm

And you will also make it this time because we'll all come over to Melbourne to sort you out if you even think of failing :lol:

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:00 pm

NOOOOOOOOOO!! Not the boot, anything but the boot!! :shock:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Hayleyd » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:00 pm

tHANKS FOR THE WARNING DOLLY...THAT BOOT LOOKS SCARY...I HOPE YOU HAVENT GIVEN IT TO BUTTERFLY DAWN BEFORE!!!ONE MORE SLEEP THEN ITS GAME ON!!!!MAY HAVE TO RE- WEIGH FOR MY STARTING WEIGHT THOUGH!
HAYLEYD
Hayleyd

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi Hayley

Welcome to the forum. I am still new here myself and have already found the help invaluable. The people are so friendly and supportive as you can see from the above posts.

Good luck with your weight loss. You can do anything if you believe in yourself and you truly want to. Oh and if you don't have the support of family and friends then right here you have found some new friends who will... :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Hayleyd » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi KimE..thank you so much for your support.I hope I dont sound to cliche but I am so glad that I have found this website.I really believe that this will make the difference.I am a little scared of my first few days with headaches etc etc but its going to be easier sharing it.I also have DOlly and Hayley starting the Tony Ferguson diet with me so that is great.Thanks again KimE,I am going to bed now knowing that in the morning I will wake up stronger and smarter and I know it all starts with me but all you guys have honestly helped in a big big way.
Good nite
Untill tomorrow...
HayleyD
Hayleyd

Next

Return to Introductions