It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

Am I in the right forum?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Am I in the right forum?

Postby beagle7 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi,
My name is Dave, and I am hoping that I and my girlfriend (if she joins) can benefit from this forum. I am a bit overweight and my girlfriend is somewhat more overweight (although I like her very much, I realize she would be better off lighter).

We are both taking medications which tend to make us put on weight and she has PCOS, as well, so she really has a hard time of it.

I am hoping we will find some friends who can give us advice that truly works, from personal experience.

Thanks.
-- Dave
beagle7

Re: Am I in the right forum?

Postby tania2573 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Dave, and welcome to the forum!
Congrats on your decision to do something to improve your health! This is a great site to offer support and encouragement, so feel free to join in any time, and the same goes for your GF if she wants too, but remember that she needs to want to do it and you can't force her to (not sure of what the situation is re her joining).
Good luck with your goals!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby beagle7 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:50 am

Thanks Tegan (and Tania),
I wouldn't dream of trying to force my girlfriend to join. I aim to show her the highest respect at all times. I'd like to find somebody she can share thoughts with; someone who understands her particular problems (or at least some of them). I had heard of PCOS before I started going out with her, and did some research (on-going), and understand some of the difficulties she has (one is weight control due to PCOS).
I just talked to her on the phone and I'll send her the URL of this forum so she can decide if she want to join.
again, THANKS!
/Dave
beagle7

Postby lng86 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:50 am

Welcome! And best wishes with your weight loss journey (and your gf's!).

Yell out if you need anything!

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Tarz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:35 am

Hi
Welcome, and yes this is the right forum! You'll get planty of help, support and advice here. Have a search around there are a few threads on PCOS which might help. Goodluck on your weightloss and i hope your gf does join. The more the merrier.
Tara
Tarz

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:46 pm

Hey and welcome. Yes you are in the right forum. Hopefully your gf come and join in. There few members like myself has POCS so she fit in like you will!
chubbywife79

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:52 am

beagle7 wrote:Thanks Tegan (and Tania),
I wouldn't dream of trying to force my girlfriend to join. I aim to show her the highest respect at all times. I'd like to find somebody she can share thoughts with; someone who understands her particular problems (or at least some of them). I had heard of PCOS before I started going out with her, and did some research (on-going), and understand some of the difficulties she has (one is weight control due to PCOS).
I just talked to her on the phone and I'll send her the URL of this forum so she can decide if she want to join.
again, THANKS!
/Dave

Great to know Dave! And there are a number of member who have PCOS so she certainly wouldn't be alone!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions