It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:29 am

Free Newsletter

new mum trying to lose baby weight

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

new mum trying to lose baby weight

Postby shellhall » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi,

My name is Michelle I am 37 years old and gained 30kgs to get up 120 kgs(due to my pregnancy and the loss of my beautiful mother to lung cancer 5mths ago).

My baby is now 8months old and have managed to get back to 95kg but am still in the Obese catergory "apparently"

I would like to ditch the scales, aim for measurement losses and not weight losses (I am 6ft tall and will never be the correct weight for my height without being thin) and aim to be fit and healthy and not just THIN.

Have always been a big girl my entire life AND JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL not the biggest girl in the room!!!

Has anyone used the ThinkSlim principles to help them on their journey, I have but motivation its waning with all this rain!!! (I live on the Mid North Coast of NSW)

Interested in talking to anyone else on similar journeys
x
shellhall

Re: new mum trying to lose baby weight

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi Michelle and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your bub and I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Those are two very big things to happen so close together, it must have been a very hard time for you.

Good luck with your goals, motivation can be hard to maintain, but just focus on making those small choices and you'll keep moving forward!

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Re: new mum trying to lose baby weight

Postby Mummy84 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:30 am

Hi Michelle, sorry to hear about ur mum and congrats on the little one, i have a 5 month old son and know the frustration on wanting to lose weight.. and stress and depression eating is very big in my life.. im still trying to get a grip on it.. but i know i can. good luck on ur journey this place is great for encouragment..
Mummy84

Return to Introductions