It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:43 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby thinkthin » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:02 pm

Well I'm new to this so bare with me.

I started the Sure Slim prgram on October 2nd 2005. I weighed in at 79.6 kilos. My goal weith is 65 kilos. Everything was going great and on 1st December I weighed 67.4 kilos. Only 2.4 to go. It was then I lost the plot. Xmas hit and everyone kept telling me I'd lost too much weight. By the end of January I had 6.75 to loose.

I recently ended up in hospital and confined to home for 4 weeks. I gained more weight. I now weigh 75 kilos and have 10 to loose. I believe in the Sureslim Program and am going to continue to use it to loose these 10 kilos. I just need to get back into routine and thats where you guys come in. HELP!!!!!

I don't know how to put in a graph so you input would be great.

My moto: You have to want to be thin

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:47 pm

Hi thinkthin and welcome to the forum. You'll definitely get all the support and encouragement you need here! The story about your rellies telling you you had lost too much weight is a familiar one on here (luckily not for me, but others have shared similar stories).

Dolly has posted an excellent topic on ticker graphs and hopefully this link will take you there.

Dolly also has a well utilised boot to keep us all in line and on track LOL!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby carleyjt » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:42 pm

Hi and welcome. 10kgs was also my goal weight and i lost 7 and felt great but for the last month i have been coping 'your getting too skinny' etc and so i have started to eat more just to get people off my back. I still excercise but i am more doing it to stay at 68kgs rather than using it to get to my goal weight. I am finding it really hard to budge but i am starting to feel 'yuck' again so i think i have to restructure and reinforce my goals to myself and get stuck into it. Now we both realise we are not the only ones it should get easier from here on. Good luck :D

Postby KimE » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:16 pm

Hello Thinkthin and welcome.

I look forward to people telling me I am getting too thin so I can have a good laugh! But that's another story....

Good luck with your weight loss and you are at the right place for support this place is great.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Dolly » Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:27 pm

I'm with Kim, I'm still looking forward to people one day telling me I look too thin.
Welcome to the weightloss forum Thinkthin!
It's wonderful when you finally find the diet that's going to work for you, I think I've finally found mine.

Postby thinkthin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:25 am

Thanks Guys!

Your comments are great.I will point out I'm 5' 11". So "height ison my side." The trouble is I know I'm carrying too much weight. I don't think 65kg is an unrealistic goal. It's within the healthy range and I'm comfortable with it. And this is about me after all. watche dbiggest loser last night and feel a little more motivated. I mean if they can lose 66+ kilos I can lose 10. Actuallyamke that 11. I weighed yesterday. :cry:

Thanks again guyys.Talk soon

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:17 am

Welcome thinkthin. I'm sure you will be able to do it. Just remember the basics. Thats all it comes down to in the end. What goes in must come out in a higher amount in energy used. Now having said that, I find it hard to do it myself!!!!

Keep Smiling!!!

Return to Introductions