It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 am

Free Newsletter

Hi All... I'm new

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi All... I'm new

Postby sanchez » Sun May 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Hi Everyone!

I simply had to sign up to this fantasic forum... It seems to have answers for everything.

I am wanting some advice on where to begin. I am desperate to loose about 10kgs, and am stumped as to where to start... My main problem is i eat whenever i am bored or for comfort!!! bad bad bad... I was just after some suggestions as to what i can do in the privacy of my own home. As i am too embarrassed to go and exercise in public :oops:

Re: Hi All... I'm new

Postby Tarz » Sun May 04, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Sanchez

Why are you embarrassed to go and exercise in public?
There are work out DVDs or if yo have stairs that can be great on the legs to run up and down a lot of times. And as for eating when your bored find something to do then. If you jkeep busy you won't eat or try to breal the bhabbit or eating when bored, it is possible just takes some will power. Or if that still isn't woring get healthy foods to eat like a plum or kiwi fruit.
Well welcome to the forum, i'm sure you will be able to lose that 10kg.

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue May 06, 2008 7:23 pm

It seems to be a common idea but here goes. A lot of the time apparently we mistake hunger for thirst, try having a big glass of water :)

I find if I have it in the fridge, I will just eat it until it's gone. Soooo...I don't put it in the fridge. I shope every couple of days and try not to have anything too horrible in the house. It works for me :)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg

Postby sanchez » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:33 pm

i just find that i get paranoid other people are watching and judging me!

Yeah thanks for the tips! I have been drinking lots of water and find its helping a bit. :)

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:16 pm

Sanchez - you're not that special :P - Seriously, just out there and go for a walk around the block or down at the park etc. Are you looking at and judging everyone there or just happily going about your business?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby LilDevil » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:18 pm

If you have a reasonable sized back yard you could start doing laps of that until you're comfy enough to head out on the streets. Or you could invest in a treadmill.

Weight Watchers have an 'At Home' program, you buy the books and just go about it yourself - no meetings or anything. Or of course there are numerous 'shake' diets around.

I'm a big boredom snacker as well so I keep plenty of fruit, trail mix, rice crackers and mixed seeds & nuts on hand for such occassions and try to limit the amount of chips, biscuits, chocies & lollies in the house. I also find that if I always have a glass of water with a straw on hand, sipping on that curbs a lot of my boredom eating.

Goal 1: Start - 27/03/08
Goal 2: Under 70kg - 30/05/08
Goal 3: 65kg
Goal 4: 60kg
Goal 5: Maintenance

Return to Introductions