It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 am

Free Newsletter

Hello from Queensland

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Queensland

Postby mal_m » Tue May 06, 2008 4:13 am

Firstly let me say how great it was to come across this fantastic web site and to be able to read some of the inspirational stories. My name is Mal, I live in a small country town in Central Queensland. I started the weight loss about a year ago and so far have lost 53 kg, with about 10 or so to go, then the battle to keep it off begins. I have gone down from size 7xl to now fitting comfortably into xxl, which I am over the moon about. I was wondering if anyone might suggest some exercises I can do to help move the dreaded love handles, I am currently trying to walk my two dogs for a half hour a day, another half an hour on the exercise bike or cross trainer and finish it off with some light weights and ab exercises as well as the occasional aerobics class. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated. Wishing everybody the best with reaching their goals and look forward to being part of the weight loss journey.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1hso6G/]
[/url]
mal_m

Re: Hello from Queensland

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue May 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Welcome Mal :) Congratualtions on your weight loss so far, you have done amazing!

There is no way to spot reduce any particular area. as your body slims to a smaller size you should find that your love handles tone down too.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby tania2573 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:22 pm

HI welcome to the forum,good luck with your goals.Congrats on your weight loss so far thats an excellent result
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby lng86 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:26 pm

This is the first time I have seen this post.

Kudos to you!

You have my up most respect.

Well done!!!

Best wishes for the last couple,
Lauren.

P.S. I actually work for JC! :wink:
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby milkyway » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Congrats on your weightloss to date! Awesome effort and I bet you've inspired many around you.

We can't spot reduce, so just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure over time you'll work off those love handles ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Ello Ello !!

53kgs ?!?!!?!?!? *takes hat off* What an amazing feat !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby curvygirl » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:09 pm

How amazing are you. 53 kilos and still going. I would love to see some before and after photos.
Keep up the great work. :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:37 am

Hi Mal,

Welcome to the forum and well done on your SUPER weightloss so far!! 53kg is INCREDIBLE!!!! Keep up the good work ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby mal_m » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:54 pm

I just want to thank you all for your welcoming and kind words. I am constantly amazed at the friendliness, helpfulness and support everyone gives. I am glad I made an effort to search for a weight loss forum and found this fantastic site. It is exactly what I need to help me continue on and to maintain my weight loss.

curvygirl wrote:How amazing are you. 53 kilos and still going. I would love to see some before and after photos.
Keep up the great work. :D

Hello curvygirl, I go for a weigh in tomorrow and I am going to take my camera so I can get a couple of pics similar to the initial pics. So hopefully and with a great deal of nervousness, I will post them in the before and after section tomorrow night.

lng86
P.S. I actually work for JC!

That's awesome, I go to the centre in Rockhampton and I can honestly say the support I have received from my consultant has been fantastic. And to make things a bit more interesting, they have asked if would want to do some promotional work, but I will wait to see what happens before I go getting excited.
[/url]
mal_m

Postby curvygirl » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 pm

Thats fantastic, with an offer like that how can you not loose those last kilos. I am also doing Jenny Craig and would love to know just between you and me did you always eat the amount of kjs they asked you too. Sometimes I feel I am eating too much so I am tempted to not eat so much. I often wonder if they want you to eat more to slow the weight loss just to keep you on the program longer. Anyway enough of me. I will keep checking for those photos and who knows maybe we will all see you on the telli.v :wink:
Bye for now
Wendy
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby mal_m » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:43 pm

curvygirl wrote:I am also doing Jenny Craig and would love to know just between you and me did you always eat the amount of kjs they asked you too. Sometimes I feel I am eating too much so I am tempted to not eat so much. I often wonder if they want you to eat more to slow the weight loss just to keep you on the program longer.

Hi Wendy. They started my on 8400 kj and because the exercise I am doing and also because the weight is still coming of I haven't gone down in daily kj. I asked why was I started on the highest kj, and my consultant said it was so I would have enough food so I wouldn't get hungry. Also while they were happy with a big loss some weeks, they said it was better to loss it slowly as you will have a better chance to maintain your weight once you reach your goal. It maybe the exercise I am doing, but I will eat everything that is on the daily menu and sometimes, especially when I am on nightshift, I will make up a jelly they gave me. My consultant has asked me if I would want to start going off onto days of my own, but I have said no, only because I am single and a shiftworker so being on JC is just so convenient for me and I really don't have to think to hard about what I want to eat or how to prepare it. Ok now that's enough of the shameless JC promotion :D Take care and I hope your weight loss is going well.

Mal.
[/url]
mal_m

Postby curvygirl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:44 pm

Hey Mal just wanted to see how things were going with you. Are you at your goal yet :?:
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby mal_m » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi curvygirl, just want to say sorry that I haven't replied sooner, seem to be spending more time at work lately. I have been going well, and sticking to my exercise and weightloss. I had a weigh in on the the 24th and I lost another 2kg, so my current weight is 101.2kg and my goal at this time is 100, but I am thinking about changing it to 95kg, but I will see how it goes. By all the height/weight charts I am still overweight and my ideal weight is between 60 - 86kg, but I don't think I have the body shape to ever get down to that. How about yourself?
[/url]
mal_m

Postby curvygirl » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:25 pm

Slow and steady for me. I have only just started so I will be here awhile. I wonder who made those weight charts up becuase you would look so skinny if you got down that low. I guess its just what ever makes you happy. Sorry to hear you are so busy at work. All work and no play is no fun. Good luck with those next 5 kilos.
Need to get motivated.

curvygirl

Postby mal_m » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks for the reply curygirl. 8kg is a fantastic achievement, you will be in the double digits in no time. At this point in time, I think if I can get down around the 95kg mark and successfully maintain that weight then I will be happy with that. I get a chance to play this weekend, I am going out with some friends on Friday night and then on Saturday I go up to Rockhampton to play Skirmish for a mates bucks party, then I think it will be drinks after that, but I will make sure it is only in moderation, maybe :D Take care and all the best for your weightloss.
[/url]
mal_m

Next

Return to Introductions