It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Im Green Please Show Me The Ropes

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Im Green Please Show Me The Ropes

Postby Vexa » Mon May 12, 2008 1:07 am

Hey Guys Im a 22 from geelong and Im looking to get in shape, I have a gut that is perticulary unpleasent cos I have a rather slender build, Im not sure if this is the right place to ask but I litteraly have no idea how to lose it, is there a step byb step methos or FAQ about food I should/shouldn't eat, the excersises I need to do and how often, any nutrients to take Im absolutley clueless but this year 08 for me is all about change so Im gonna put in the effort and try to give some value to ya'll as well any help/repsonse would be VERY appriciated!
~thanks
~Don't just be yourself, Be your BEST self~
I Do What I Want..You Have Problem - Quina
If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got! - Mystery
I'm the master of my own illusionary world.
Vexa

Re: Im Green Please Show Me The Ropes

Postby ali76 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:35 am

Hi Vexa! Welcome to the forum :mrgreen:

Sadly, there's no miracle plan to follow, you need to find what works for you!

A lot of people here use calorieking.com.au to see how many calories you should be consuming a day - you put in your particulars like height, censored, weight, target, etc and it calculates it all for you...it's helped me HEAPS!!

Also, you can't spot reduce....to get rid of your tummy you'd need to lose weight all over. Again, if it was that easy I'd have a tiny bum and waist and big boobs!! :oops: :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

Good luck!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Cac33 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:39 pm

As Ali has already said I would suggest calorie king, thats what I have done & its working for me. Its also a real eye opener to see how many calories are in things. Somethings I use to think that were quite healthy ended up being full of sugar & not "lite" at all.

In regards to exercise just do what you can to start with & keep increasing the intensity & time.

Good luck with your goals
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Vexa » Mon May 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Thanx guys I'll check out CK and and get started immediatly, thing with me is Ive been very VERRRY lazyfor a good portion of my life, cruisey upbringing fairly leiniant parents so forums like these are awesome to get ur @$$ in gear cos everyone else is on the same journey. About a week ago I went on a rampage and joined all forums that had relevance to my life and what I want to do with it, learn guitar, social dynamics, skateboarding ect. I know this is kinda off topic but I figured since its in Introductions I'll get it out ( lately Im always writing down my thoughts/goals ect. Thanx for Ur help, looking 4ward to Self-Enchancement!
~Don't just be yourself, Be your BEST self~
I Do What I Want..You Have Problem - Quina
If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got! - Mystery
I'm the master of my own illusionary world.
Vexa

Postby Booties » Tue May 13, 2008 9:53 am

CK is awesome :) specially if you do the lil study things and learn more about healthy eating and exercise :)

you will learn heaps on here about how to best handle your weightloss and you will see results :)

i lost 10kgs after i joined her :) and now i am back to lose more hehe yay

good luck champ

Rach

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Return to Introductions