It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi Everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everyone!

Postby krb87 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi all! My name's Kylie, I'm an 18 year old Psychology Student (first year)! I've had a weight problem all my life but only just decided to do something about it. When I was in year 7 (11 y.o) I weighed 110 kg... by the time I was in year 9 the "puppy fat" had fallen off and I was down to 90kg. Recently I got up to about 92kg and in the last about 3 weeks I have so dramatically changed my eating that I've got down to 85kg. My weight fluctuates a little, so that would explain such a big difference! I hope to get down to around 75kg. I just want to get rid of my damn cellulite! 18 year olds arent meant to have cellulite - surely! Yet I have it covering my stomach legs and arms. Time for that to go!

I've had issues with eating disorders in the past, and also general issues with people making me HATE myself and my body, resulting in further problems with body image and even self harm, which continued for 2 years and stopped recently (and i feel great!)

So far I've just adopted healthy eating, but, however, tonight I'm getting an exercise bike. I don't exercise usually, and therefore didn't want to start it all at once as I'd get bored with it. I love this healthy eating stuff, and am loving my vegetables! LOL! And I know I will love exercising when I get my bike, and it won't turn into something like the treadmill I have, which is currrently covered in clothes! (i used to be a netball player... using the treadmill hurts my knees due to injuries i have from netball! Hopefully the exercise bike will strengthen them up and then I'll be able to use the treadmill, too!)

Thanks for reading, look forward to getting to know some of you!
krb87

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:41 pm

Hello krb87 and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing with us. This is a great site for help and support and the people are very friendly.

Well done so far with your weight loss and good luck going forward.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Hayley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:57 pm

Welcome to this forum, Kylie. The members here are absolutely fantastic and I know that without the support of the lovely people here, I would have a hard time sticking to the diet that I've just started.

It was good that you shared your story...and don't feel bad about the cellulite - when I was 17 and severely underweight for my height (51kg and 5 foot 10 and a half), I had heaps of cellulite, so don't feel bad - I think most women have some. I have heaps on my legs, bum and arms but hopefully will be able to melt it away following this eating plan and by doing regular exercise - the more you tone up, the less obvious cellulite is. Someone even told me that the darker your skin is, the less obvious the dimples are, so I've purchased a very light tanning cream to see if it helps! hee hee

feel free to chat to us here any time - someone is always there!

Hayley, 27 -Perth.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:51 pm

Hi krb87, welcome to the forum, you seem to have come a long way, you;ll be slim in no time.
As for the cellulite. I remember on an Oprah show once there was a guy who had a censored change and he said they kept giving him the estrogen needles and he said he didn't feel like he was a woman until he had some cellulite to show off. It just means you are more feminine by having estrogen than some of the other women.

Just like a bald guy has more male hormone testosterone than the guy with a hairy scalp.

To stop the celulite being quite so visable you have to break up the big orang peel looking nobules with a little johnsons baby oil and a plastic hand held massage brush. It can hurt a bit so don't press too hard, just do a little every day and it will slowly go away :D

Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:12 am

Welcome Kylie. I am sure you will get some great tips on this site for your weight loss. Doing exercise will certainly help you tone up. Dolly I didn't know that you could get rid of cellulite! Didn't know it had anything to do with estrogen levels. So being on the pill would probably add to cellulite. Well I don't know what hormones are in the pill but I assume estrogen. You are always full of tips and tricks Dolly, it's great.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:34 pm

Hi Kylie,
I finished my honours in psych last year and am taking a year to work before I go back to uni to do a doctorate. Congrats on losing what you have already! I also have had knee and ankle problems which were at their worst when I was around 110kg, having lost 26kg, and doing lots of riding now, my ankle is no longer a problem, and my knees only ache when I wear heels (which I know I'm not supposed to do and don't do very often or when I have to stand much). In fact I injured my knee during umpiring a couple of years ago and got it back to form on an exercise bike, so they are good for the joints. I'm now riding to and from work 4 days a week which is 30km per day and play badminton which is excellent. I'm sure you'll find an exercise bike helps a lot in your goals!
Cheers
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby krb87 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:41 pm

Thanks for your support guys!!! Wow youre all so smart :lol: :D :D
krb87

Postby Hayleyd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:51 pm

Hi Kylie...welcome and good luck.They are all very clever in here, I'm the dumb one :!: :!: :!: Well you cant have looks and a brain :P
Only mucking about.Everyone has great tips and stories to tell and no one is judgmental so its a great site.I hope we can all help you.
Bye for now
HayleyD
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby krb87 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:13 pm

hahahaha its ok hayley, i have the same problem too - being hell cute but no brain. ROTFL jokes! (cute and brainy...) JOKES again. i probably shouldn't joke around seeing as im only new. You might all think im up myself. No... Just very sarcastic :wink:

Thanks all :)
KYLIE :)

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
krb87

Return to Introductions