It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:51 am

Free Newsletter

Sticking to it this time - no, really...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Sticking to it this time - no, really...

Postby Queen Blue » Tue May 20, 2008 1:47 am

Hi everyone,

It's a bit past midnight on a Monday night, or more accurately Tuesday very early morning. I sit here having had a horrible day. And by horrible I mean that I have let yet another day go by without doing anything positive to help myself lose weight. I thought about going to the gym, but instead sat down with a bag of salt and vinegar chips and coke in front of the TV (and yes, I know it's sad and pathetic, but Big Brother may have made an appearance in my big night). I sometimes think that I don't want to succeed, that I try to sabotage myself, because I get to the stage where I am eating more out of habit than any other motivation.

I am hovering around the 125kgs mark, and my ultimate goal is to reach 65kg. Meaning that I have to lose close to half my body weight. It seems like such an unreachable, impossible goal to me. I have been fat all my life. I've had moments where I've managed to lose a substantial amount of weight, but have piled it all back on in no time. I'm had so many on/off the diet/healthy eating/protein shakes plans, that it seems that I spend half my time thinking about what I am going to do, rather than actually doing it. I hope that by joining this forum will encourage me to stay on track through writing down my goals and sharing with others going through the same problem that I am facing.

So that's my sob story. I need to remember that my reasons to lose weight are far greater than my reasons to stay the size I am. And as they say, slow and steady wins the race.

All the best to everyone trying to do something about their weight.
Queen Blue
Queen Blue

Re: Sticking to it this time - no, really...

Postby tania2573 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:11 am

Hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.I know exactly how you feel.i have tried everything in the past to lose weight and just like you i would lose some and think about how much more i have to go and give up.Again like you i have approx half my body weight to lose,but dont look at it like that,break it down say like 10 kg goals.Or even 5kgs .Try not to think about the final total.This forum has been my saviour,without it im sure i would have not gotten this far.So i look forward to sharing your progress and truly wish the best of luck. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85

Re: Sticking to it this time - no, really...

Postby shelbel » Thu May 22, 2008 1:01 pm

Hello and welcome

Yep im a classic yo-yo dieter too, i swear ive lost and gained the same 10-15kgs over and over! But i'll get there in the end and so will you.Its all part of the learning process. Tania gave you some great advice there in breaking it up into smaller lots so it doesnt seem like such a big task.

Best of luck with your goals and let us know how your going.

Shelley :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Return to Introductions