It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:09 am

Free Newsletter

Hi all - another newby here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all - another newby here

Postby Arzorath » Wed May 21, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi All

Just thought I'd introduce myself and say what a great idea I think this forum is. For me, life is so hectic joining a 'club' is not practical so an online club is great!

I'm a mum of 3 boys (aged 15, 13.5 and 10), I work full time (office job), study part time and do bookwork for my hubby who is self employed. So, although my life is hectic - it tends to be from a mental point of view rather than a physical one! :?

I also fractured my ankle in January (high heels and stairs - you get the picture!) and it is still healing. I can only walk about 1km before I get problems and by the end of the day it is swollen and tender again. My goal at the beginning of the year was to walk three kms a day! Long story short, I got on the scales on Saturday and nearly died! (I knew my clothes were getting tighter but I was still shocked!) I have put on another 10 kilos making me 20 kilos over my ideal weight. My BMI puts me in the obese range which is really depressing. (I've considered myself overweight but not obese.) So, now I have gotten over my initial shock I want to do something about it. Snacks are readily available at work and they are not healthy so I have started bringing my own - the danger time for me is usually 4pm when my energy is flagging and I opt for a biscuit or chocolate! Not today though!

I've always been on the chubby side and I don't want to look like those stick thin models, but I do want to be healthy and fit. I'm determined to get there!

SW and CW - 88kg
GW - 68kg

Karen :D

Re: Hi all - another newby here

Postby tania2573 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85

Postby shelbel » Thu May 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Hello and welcome!

Its always tricky trying to lose weight with an injury so i hope it heels fast for you!

Good luck with your goals and jump in wherever you feel comfy! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby sharnilee » Thu May 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Hi everyone
I started the Kate Morgan diet two weeks ago and have lost 4.1kg which I am pretty happy about, I have been doing heaps of walking and sticking to the diet. My son gets married in October and don't want to be the fattie in the wedding photos and kick myself for not doing something about it before. I have about 10kgs to lose but my goal weight at the moment is 10kgs and then work down from there. I think if you make your goal weight seem impossible you never get there. I am also reading a book called the Gabriel Method which looks at visualisation thinking thin. I've been doing that for years but now go bed thinking of Jennifer Hawkins with my head on her.
Good luck everyone

Postby Arzorath » Thu May 22, 2008 5:30 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome, it's appreciated!

I did a few 'sit ups' with my ab king pro last night - 10 x 3 reps (which has been a very expensive shelf for the last 6 months!) and did pretty good with my eating today. I brought my own lunch to work instead of buying it (2 x ham and cheese sandwiches - the shaved sort on 9 grain bread with pumpkin seeds). I have had 3 x 600ml bottles of water and 2 cups of low fat coffee (the Jarrah sort) made with water and a dash of lite milk. My downfall was the biggest morning tea for cancer research though. I did limit myself to one chocolate brownie this morning and two jam drop biscuits this afternoon which is better than I would normally do! Didn't really need them though! :P

My hubby and I go grocery shopping tonight and we normally have hot chips or something to snack on. I'm determined not to do that though tonight and get a Weight Watchers microwave meal to eat when I get home! (About 7pm). The kids are eating with my mum and dad tonight so at least I don't have to worry about them!

Karen :D

Postby mjessica89 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi Karen, it seems that you have a very very sad story :( please do not force yourself to exercise because it might bring more harm than good. :)

My daily routine :
Diet - Follow the free 7 days diet plan from the Calorie Shifting website (a very useful diet plan :) )
Exercise - Monday, Wednesday, Friday = swimming,
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday = jogging (around my house), Sunday = Yoga

Return to Introductions