It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:16 am

Free Newsletter

hi everybody !

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hi everybody !

Postby mediinfoguy » Mon May 01, 2006 1:55 pm

I used to be quite overweight when I was young and used to love eating and would have no control but now over the years seeing my friends all slim and fit got me thinking and I tried all the possible ways to loose weight. Believe me , it was not easy for me but I gave up food, and exercised like crazy. Now after a tough regime, I have managed to knock off all those extra kilos and I simply love th gym now. I would advise weight loss for all the overweights here. It not only keeps one fit but also gives them the energy to work through the day.

Postby Dolly » Mon May 01, 2006 2:20 pm

Hi mediinfoguy, welcome to the weightloss forum, thanks for your input.
Luckily everyone here is successfully losing weight, even those of us that have difficulty exercising due to unrelated medical problems.
I agree a gym workout would be the ideal way to lose weight fast if all were able to.

Postby Hayley » Mon May 01, 2006 2:45 pm

Welcome to the forum, Mediinfoguy,

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you; how long did it take you to lose your weight; and, how much did you lose?

Congratulations on your success. It would be great to hear a little more about it.

Postby KimE » Mon May 01, 2006 7:20 pm

Hello Mediinfoguy and welcome to the forum.

Like Hayley would like to hear more about you and your successes.

I have started exercising regularly after almost never having done so since I was about 20. Strangely enough I am actually starting to look forward to it!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 01, 2006 8:37 pm

I think exercise has definitely helped me speed up the process. I don't think you should have to give up enjoyment of food though - I still enjoy my food, I just make better choices!! And 26kg on I think I'm not doing too bad.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Angel » Tue May 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Welcome Mediinfoguy,

Congratulations on your weightloss and new found hobby - gym.

Exercise is definitely a key to losing weight as it speeds things up and assists you in keeping the weight off long term and lets face it, its great for general health and well being. Those that are able to exercise win on all counts!

Like Hayley and KimE, I'd love to hear more about your weightloss journey - its great for inspiration.

Look forward to hearing your story,

Return to Introductions