It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie here : )

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie here : )

Postby Basketballchick » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:39 pm

Hey guys,
This is my first post so I'm just a newbie :D
so I was sitting here and got thinking I haven't weighed myself in a while, boy did I get a shock. :shock:
I'm only 165cm tall, and I weighed in at 77kg.
This actually quite depressing, I'm pretty active like I play basketball and rugby and love it so much.
I really like exercising, so any tips on anything good? I'm happy to listen and give it a go!
Yet I can't seem to drop this weight, I'm only 16 and I feel the pressure constantly to be thin, whether I see something on tv, in a magazine or I'm teased at school. Like, I wouldn't say I'm always teased, I'm not but yeah it's annoying.
I did my BMI before, I got 26 that's classified as overweight.
I know they can't be relied on, as it doesn't measure my muscle or anything but still.. It was sad.
I did my hip to waist ratio test, I scored in the "good" section, which is odd.
The annoying thing is where I seem to carry my weight, I'm not big around the middle just down the bottom *cry*
I just really think I could use some advise from you guys as I haven't really been on a diet before and any helpful tips would be very much welcome : :D
I don't want to be one of those ultra mini skinny models, but I'd like to be healthy. I want to get down to about 60kg, I know goals must be looked at realistically and I don't think that's too hard but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this :D

Re: Newbie here : )

Postby milkyway » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:09 pm

Welcome aboard :) I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby LilDevil » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi & Welcome :D

We seem to be very similar, I'm only 165cm & was 74kg when I started... and I'm aiming for 60kg too! I'm 28 though, but that's a minor detail. :lol:

I don't play any sports, but I'm finding that walking, light weights & a 30 min work out three times a week combined with a reasonably healthy diet has been working for me.

Goal 1: Start - 27/03/08
Goal 2: Under 70kg - 30/05/08
Goal 3: 65kg
Goal 4: 60kg
Goal 5: Maintenance

Postby Falconforce15 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:31 pm

I wish you the best of luck on ur goal and everything i am new here as well Heh so ill try to give you the best advice that i can give ya :)

Postby Tarz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi, Don't stress about it too much, you probably only need to make a few changes to your lifestyle. As you said your quite active with playing basketball and rugby and both those sports require a good amnount of muscle so the majority of your weight could be muscle (and remeber its heavier then fat)
How often do you do exercise on average? WHat do you do on the days you don't play basketball or rugby?
Whats your eating habits like? Some people like to take a diary for a few days of what they would eat normally (and i mean every thing you eat so if you have a chip from someone elses chip packet it gets written down) This way you can see when your more likely to eat bad foods and graze.
Also i remember when i was 16 hearing from family that girls tend to change shape and slim down around that age. And when i hit yr 12 i did slim down a bit.
Good luck with trying to slim down and keep us all posted on how your doing.

Return to Introductions