It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:13 pm

Free Newsletter

SERENA BATTLE OF THE FATTTTTTT

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

SERENA BATTLE OF THE FATTTTTTT

Postby caboodalz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:35 am

Hi everyone im a newbie my names serena and im a 26 year old mummy of 2 im 1.62 and currently weighing in at 78 kgs which is a big milestone as i use to be 120 kgs but with riguorous exercise and dieting got down to my current weight now it wont move keep fluctuating between 75-80 i cant for the past 6 years cant seem to get to 74 sooooo frustrating so i been thinking this whole time yeah i dont look too bad :D till i went to my doctor who done a few test and came to the conclusion that i am in the obese catergory and has prescribed me duromine 30 mg for 3 months to get to a healthy weight range so i took my first one this morning at 8.30 and i dont feel any different being doing alot of research on this not sure how long it takes to kick in though any one out there who can give me a bit more insight into this drug well i will keep you all posted in my progress against my battle of dreaded fat

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWN8c2e/]
[/url]
Attachments
DSC00370.JPG
this is me the only photo i could find i actually thought i had deleted it
DSC00370.JPG (35.21 KiB) Viewed 417 times
caboodalz

Re: SERENA BATTLE OF THE FATTTTTTT

Postby GumBoots » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:29 pm

I have no info on the duramine but just wanted to wish you good luck and a big congrats on losing the 50 odd kgs so far.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby caboodalz » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:46 pm

thanks gumboots wow cant believe the fast response everyone here seems so supportive i know i can do it just that bloody number 74 cant touch it at all at the moment but with determination i will overtake it and get down to 48 hopefully by december when its so hot and im always in tshirts and long pants this year im determined to feel confident enough to wear bathers to the beach not necessarily bikini but something other than long board shorts and baggy tshirts lol so what is your goal gumboots and diet plan?
caboodalz

Postby caboodalz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:05 pm

[/url]

So this is an update on my progress and am very happy to note that i have gone down 2kgs since yesterday morning i know i shouldnt weigh myself every day but just felt really weird after only being able to have 1 piece of toast all day and just felt lighter when i woke up this morning. I had my first duromine 30mg yesterday morning at 8.30 am and was anxiously waiting for this burst of energy to happen which it never did i did however experience the constant dry mouth and suppressed appetite but no energy mind you i had only got about 4 hours sleep the night before my son teething kept me up all night oh yeah another thing im experiencing is a constant burping thing going on like im just full of gas i lilterally cannot stop every 5 minutes or so im letting out a massive burp.Oh well for a 2kilo loss i can put up with the burps the kids think its hilarious anyway my son who is 13 months actually starts to copy me with my burping its quite funny. so thats my update from yesterday i have t
aken my 2nd duromine pill this morning at 8am after a good night sleep went to bed last night at 9pm still feeling no immense energy but however am still not hungry i can hear my tummy rumbling at the moment but not hungry feelings at all mouth still very dry and yes the belching has continued well i just hope the energy comes tomorrow i lost all my motivation to get back to my gym and i really wanna start again soon just need that little kickstart my doctor reckons it should take at least 3 days before it actually gets into my blood system for the energy release others have noted a instant effect though.BTW i noted in my first post that i have never been able to hit 74 kilos in 6 years and im really hopeful that tomorrow morning just might be the day i have been to 75 before but then next morning it either stays there or it goes up one so im determined to get to and hit that 74 so heres hoping this suppression stays and i dont end up binging later tonight which i always seem to do in the past. sorry for long update my goodness this is just a daily update too lol ill keep it short tomorrow.take care all and good luck in weightloss journey. <3 <3 <3
caboodalz

Postby country_gal » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Hi Serina.
I have onlu just joined the forum today but i read your post and how you are taking duramine.
I have taken these many years ago.
Just be careful. :|
I'm guessing you have no problem with blood pressure, as long term usage can strain the heart.
But your doesage looks ok.
I know there are different strangth of dosages you you take with the tablets.
They used to give me masive headaches and they can keep you awake! All night some times.
So, just see how you go with them Serina.
I used to find my mind just wouldn't shut off and i would lay there awake for hours, next minute it was time to get up!
I hope your doctor went over all of the side effects with you?
They can help and might be just what you need to get you over this weight hurdle you are experiencing.
I have see sawed with my weight since Christmas.
Up and down between a kilo.
One week up, the next week down.
I have only just recenty managed to get off that weight cycle, it had been very hard.
Anyway sweety.
I wish you all the very Best and hope you have some more success with you weight loss.
Regards country_gal.
country_gal

Postby caboodalz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:20 pm

[/url]
Thankyou so much for the support country_girl well it has been one week today since i started my duromine and i guess in some way i have been one of the fortunate ones where i havent experienced any side effects apart from the dry mouth sadly though also dont get the increased energy which i thought the medication is suppose to give but my doctor reckons that an increase in energy is only a side effect whereas a very common one but i havent experienced that yet mind you i have eaten bugger all this last week but still manage to get through the day i could easily go through the day on just an orange which i have to remind myself to eat i had a bit of problems with the bowels yesterday morning had to put up a fight but i knew that was gunna happen so have to eat more fruit my sleeping pattern has changed dramatically i go to bed earlier and have a great night sleep considering im getting up at least 3 times before rising outta bed 7 for my son who is teething 5 teeth at once :? and the best part of my week is as i stated in my first post i could never get past that 75kg mark in 6 years i tried but i kept yoyoing off 75 to 85 for 6 years ive repeatedly done that unable to just smash through that 75 well no longer peeps i finally done it i am now at 73kg i cannot believe it so in total my weightloss for the first week is 5kg which is my goal as im prescribed for only 30 days im hoping to lose 5 kgs a week for 4 weeks so heres hoping for another fantastic week and hopefully be reporting back next tuesday weighing in at 68kg ooooo wowwwww have not been in 60's since a youngster. oh yeah i have to confess too that i havent done any exercise this week so im gunna start walking for an hour every day this week. Good luck everyone and keep the support coming in it really keeps me motivated <8 <8 <8
caboodalz

Return to Introductions