It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi Folks

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Folks

Postby EllPatt » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:22 am

Hello everyone,

Just starting out - and wanting to lose (ultimately) 17 kgs over the next few months, and bring my BMI down to just a shade under 25. I'm starting running (actually more like walking quickly - but its a start!), have bought the NIKE+ gadget that plugs into my ipod nano and tracks how far and fast I'm going. Also watching what I eat - not seriously just yet, but cutting out the chocolate and fatty food fillers.

I also bought myself a cheap blood pressure monitor and heart rate checker today. Heart rate is acceptable - at around 80-85bpm, so could do better. Blood pressure is reading sky high - 155ish over 100ish, but its unclear whether its because the equipment is cheap and cheerful. I plan to test out my other half this evening with it to see what happens (seeing as she is fitter than me!). Running a few checks, once I get my exercise up, and eat better and more consistently then I'd told that my bp will drop significantly. Here's hoping.

Wish me luck!
EllPatt

Re: Hi Folks

Postby EllPatt » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:47 am

Hmm - the HRM gives variable results....have just tried it out now and I'm at 141/85

Its hard to know what to believe :)
EllPatt

Re: Hi Folks

Postby Cac33 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:57 am

Hi & welcome to the forum. Your gadget sounds cool as! Good luck with your running & shedding the 17kgs
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Return to Introductions