It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:05 am

Free Newsletter

16 year old ready to be me again

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

16 year old ready to be me again

Postby xXauschickXx » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:11 pm

hello,
im new here! well im 16 and love life. BUT i sadly am not happy with my body at the moment. which is a real let down seen as im an outgoing social person, but a lack it when it comes to my body.
im 57kg and 156cm tall. I know heaps of people disagree im overweight its just i dont feel comfortable with it and want to get back go slim again. I know im not fat but just have those little areas i wish to get rid of (hips, thighs, waist, butt). So yep im looking for support and to chat with others like me. All my mates arent as supportive cause they dont think i should lose weight but i really feel i want to. So starting next week 3 times a week some girlfreinds and i (who are thin i dont know why they want to hehe) joining a gym.
So how has everyone gone? Any tips?

xXauschickXx

Re: 16 year old ready to be me again

Postby Tarz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:17 am

Hi Welcome to the forum,
Your BMI is roughly 23 which means your are smack bang in the middle of the healthy weight range, so honestly you don't need to lose any weight. But i can understand how you can feel uncomfprtable in your skin so my suggestion to you if you are joining the gym - focus mainly on strength. This way you can gain lean muscle and tone up. you will lose a few centimetre and loose a bit of weight. Its great that you are going to join a gym and its alway easier when your friends join to, extra motivation to go when you have someone to go with. Try and stay within the healthy weight range of a BMI 20 to 25. Good luck and i'll see you around the forum.
Tara
Tarz

Re: 16 year old ready to be me again

Postby xXauschickXx » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:06 pm

hey

thankyou Tara.

I actually found out my weigh is actually 54kg, i got the scale wrong hehe. but im still determined to lose weight. Thanks much for the support, i totally blew it today eating a little too chocolate...yes...cravings took over...noo. but ive forgiven myself and starting again :)

xx
xXauschickXx

Return to Introductions