It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi I'm Mel!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I'm Mel!

Postby MelissaW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:30 am

Hey guys, i signed up about a week ago and I've been through reading a lot of stuff and it sounds like a great group of positive people!

I guess I should tell you a little about myself so here goes....

Im a 23 year old (104kg) Melbourne gal, and I've been struggling to loose weight I've gained since high school (common story I'm sure). I know that I've put on weight through:

1.Getting a car to drive my butt around instead of walking
2.Boozy nights (I'm a beer lover now converted to low carb beer)

I tried the celebrity slim shakes which I found some success with, although I found them to be insanely expensive, and I didn't fancy waiting until dinner to have a substantial meal and starving through a busy day.

I have am active job (Housekeeping in a hotel) so I'm on my feet 40+ hrs a week up and down long corridors and staircases, although this is not enough apparently, so I'm planning to really stick at it through healthy low carb eating and daily cardio.

So anyways I bought myself a cross trainer just over a week ago and doing my best to turn it all around, so I would be good to share/receive some tips from you good people :)

Thanks for reading my thread guys, looking forward to getting to know you all.

P.S I've seen alot of people put up a 'start out' pic so here's mine, I guess it's good to put a face to a name, so here goes...hope it works.

Re: Hi I'm Mel!

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:40 am

Hi Mel,

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum. I also joined this week. Like you, i'm also 23 and i can relate to all the despair that comes with being young and overweight. Good luck with the efforts on the cross trainer that u bought. This week, I finally got back on the treadmill that's been sitting at home FOREVER!!

All the best and i look forward to hearing about ur progress.

Kat ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:04 am

Hi Mel & Welcome to the forum. Have you got a program to help you with your eating? If not I highly recommend, quite a few of us on here use it & have had great results with it. It helps you work out how many cals you should be eating & you can enter food to check out the cal content (which is broken down in fats, carbs & protein). Just thought I would suggest that as it is free & has really helped educate me about food.

Anyway good luck with your goals & I look forward to reading your progress.

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70

Postby tania2573 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi Mel welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Hi Mel, I'm a newbie too. :D I agree with you, this place is great! Good luck with your high protein diet. I'm semi vego so could never go down that route :roll:

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Hi Mel and welcome !!!

All the best on this journey of yours ! Going by your pic ... do I take it that your a Manson fan ? :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby MelissaW » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:58 am

Thanks for all the warm welcome guys!

I'm a bit of a fussy meat eater also, but I still manage to have different things to keep it interesting. I love seafood, prawns yummm! Not too fussed on red meat though!

GoddessInside wrote:Hi Mel and welcome !!!

All the best on this journey of yours ! Going by your pic ... do I take it that your a Manson fan ? :D

Hi there Goddess, I'm not a huge manson fan, that pic was taken at a club i go to called back in the day, they have a lot of band pix on the walls, hehe. I'm into alot of rock and metal though :)

Return to Introductions