It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Saying Hi.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Saying Hi.

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi all, I just joined up today and think this place is just what I need.

A bit about me.....
I am 37, 38 in a couple of days and I started my weight loss journey on the 4th of January this year. It was my New Years resolution and in hindsight I don't think I thought I would come as far as I have. I still have a fair way to go but I am more than confident I will make it.
As much as it embarrasses me to admit it I weighed in at 175 kgs. the day I started. I weigh myself at home every Saturday morning and yesterday I weighed in at 132 kgs. I still have a long way to go but I am extremely proud of what I have so far achieved.

So there you go, I have admitted something in here on my first post that I would never admit on any of the other forums I frequent.
Anyway enough from me for now I can't wait to chat to you all and perhaps garner some support and encouragement from you and hopefully offer some as well.

Take care all, Shalimar.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Re: Saying Hi.

Postby tania2573 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi Shalimar,welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.Also congrats on your progress so far that is an excellent result.All the best. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Hi tania, thank you for the welcome and for wishing me luck, it sure feels good.

Shalimar

Postby Purpledog21 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:07 am

welcome to the forum and congrats on your progress so far and good luck for the rest of your journey
Purpledog21

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 am

Hi Shalimar,

Welcome to the forum. Also, WELLDONE on losing 43kg so far! What an amazing achivement! I have no doubt that u will achieve your weightloss goals and a forum like this is the perfect place to get all the support and encouragement that u need.

All the best and i look forward to reading about your progress as you travel on this journey to health and happiness!!

kat ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:58 am

Hey Shalimar & Welcome !!!

WOW 43kgs is amazing, how have you been doing it ? What program are you following ? Im now "down" to your starting weight ( mine was 207.9 kgs ) and I've found that I've hit a few hurdles. ...

Would love to hear about what you're doing :D

Keep up the fantastic work !!!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:04 am

Thank you all for the encouragement and welcomes, this forum has to be the friendliest I have ever joined. It's great.

GoddessInside, I will get back to you on what I have been doing but I have to get junior off to school and grab a few things from the shops before I have time to do so. Rest assured I will be back. I read some of your story last night. Very inspiring stuff.
I shall return.
Take care all.

Shalimar

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:51 am

Looking forward to it :D
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 am

Ok, where to start?
I have, for as long as I can remember, been big. However I just totally ballooned after the birth of my son, almost 10 yrs. ago.
Why did I eat?
As far as I can tell it was purely for the taste and because I love food. I don't have any underlying insecurities, I have a wonderful, loving husband and I have never been abused either as a child or an adult. So all I can out it down to is taste.
What have I done to get thus far?
I started losing weight on the 4th of January this year. I know the pros. say it's the most important meal of the day and as much as I love food I just can't abide by it at 7.00am so I never have breakfast. Because I don't eat breaky I am usually hungry by 11.00am so I have lunch then. When it comes to what I eat for lunch I seem to go in fits and fads. When I first started I would make a homemade pizza with pita bread, tinned tomatoes as a base, some finely cut onion, plenty of chilli and herbs and a small handful of low fat mozzarella, bung it in the oven for a few minutes and voila, a tasty, low fat healthy lunch. Sometimes I have a tub of diet yoghurt and a piece of seasonal fruit or a tin of country ladle Minestrone soup (I now have the smaller sized tin as the bigger one is too much). I also long ago discovered the Nestle diet desserts they have chocolate mousse, creme caramel, trifle flavoured custard and rice custard. I realise they are not very nutrionally sound but they are low both in calories and fat and at the moment that is my main concern. Again I will have one of these with a piece of fruit. Lately I have been having 3 Weight Watchers or the Paradise Vive lites biscuits and a cup of tea or coffee with skim milk and I use the CSR smart sugar for sweetener. Every second day I will have a half serve of bran with skim milk along with a piece of fruit or a lite biscuit for lunch as I have had a few minor probs. going to the loo as I am not eating a lot.
Tea usually consists of a lean meat of some description and vegetables, whether that is hot veg. or salad depends on my mood that day. If I have hot veg. I add some gravy or some times even some Hollandaise sauce (instant) as one serve is reasonably low in fat and calories, is tasty and helps keep me on the straight and narrow. At times we were having takeaway twice a week now we stick to one takeaway per month and not from one of the fast food joints. We either go out for a meal or as we all enjoy a good curry we have that with all the trimmings, enjoy it and that is it until the next month. If we go out for a meal for a family members birthday or just because we then consider that our takeaway for the month. This Saturday is my birthday tea so we will have a curry so I probably won't lose as much this next week but I will still lose something as I have other weeks when we have had a takeaway/dined out.
On the exercise front things are a bit spasmodic, I don't enjoy exercise but I do love a good walk on the beach. So in short I may not do any structured exercise some weeks and others I may walk 3 or 4 times in the week.
I just try and remember nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

That's about all I can think of right now. If there are any questions ask away.
Take care all

Shalimar

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:44 am

WOW !!!! Just proves that you can do it by eating sensibly !!!

WOW WOW WOW !!! Excellent work !
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanking you GI :) .

Shalimar