It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:25 am

Free Newsletter

Hi Everybody!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everybody!

Postby chunkymunky » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi, I suppose i should tell you a bit about me.
I'm 19 and I have been very overweight for a long time. At the start of last year, weighing 85kgs :roll: i decided that i really needed to change my eating and exercise habits. I am a boredom eater and hated exercise. So i bought an exercise bike and some dumbells. I motivated my self to use it every day, working up from 15 mins to 45 mins.
Recently however, i hit the most dreaded plateau. I have reached 64kgs, so i have put in a really good effort i feel but now weight loss is even harder. :x I'm also only 153 cms tall so the weight i carry makes me look even worse on my short frame.
To be honest i want to be loosing weight for the health benefits etc, but the real reason was too look thinner, wear smaller clothes and feel slim.
At the moment it is harder to motivate myself to exercise, and eating is harder too because i have to resist all the bad junk foods my parents buy and to help I'm a very fussy eater. I tried variating my exercise by buyong a boxing bag, but sad to say, i have only used it a handful of times since slacking off.
Basically, i am here for support and motivation. I need help. I am still astonished i got so far on my own, but i can feel myself slacking off and hitting the snooze button instead of exercising and listening to mum say 'it won't hurt you' when i'm looking at the mars bars and potato chips.

So This is me. I really hope i find all the things i am looking for here. It looks like a great place to be.

Best wishes :D
chunkymunky

Re: Hi Everybody!

Postby tania2573 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.Congrats on your weightloss so far thats great.Im sure you will find the motivation and support your looking for from here,its a great place.All the best :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby chunkymunky » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks Tania :D
chunkymunky

Postby Shalimar » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 pm

Hello, welcome and best of luck with your goals. I'm sure you have noticed it by now there are some great motivators in here.
You're in great hands.
Sue.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi ChunkyMunky. Welcome to this great forum. I found it by chance & i'm glad i did. Its a great environment to be around & you'll get the motivation you need. Just being on here has motivated me to be honest about my eating & i've even started to exercise more. Good luck with losing the rest of your weight, you've done so great so far.
Strawberry

Return to Introductions