It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 am

Free Newsletter

Hi I'm new here!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I'm new here!

Postby whit3tig3y » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:43 am

Hi i'm new here, thought I would introduce myself!

I'm 20 years old from melbourne, have been overweight all my life. I've tried to lose weight in the past but never managed to lose more than a few kg. I'm at the stage now where we are wanting to have kids and the weight is effecting getting pregnant and my doctor also suspends I have high blood pressure, I go back for a confirmation test in 2 weeks time :(

My doctor also thinks I should get a lap band, but as there is a 2-3 year public waiting list for this, i'm determined to lose as much weight as i can inbetween now and then to avoid having to have it done!

I'm currently 128kg and 170cm tall, which makes me BIG. I haven't been bellow 100kg since I was about 13. I was at my heighest weight a few weeks ago at 135kg.

My biggest problem is motivation, until now I haven't had any health problems related to being overweight, and my partner doesn't mind me being on the bigger side, he prefers it to stick thin girls, so I don't get that much encouragement there. I know if I lost weight he'd still love me, but he loves me now so its not very motivating.

But now it has come down to doing it for my health as i am now developing the problems i didn't have a while ago. I'm determined this time!

Thanks for reading about me and hope I get to know a few of you soon :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

Re: Hi I'm new here!

Postby tania2573 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your will find so much help support motivation and lovely people here.All the best. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85

Postby SammyTurtle » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Hi :) I am sure you will get lots of encouragement and even motivation on here. Good Luck
Keep Smiling

Postby Tarz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I know what you mean by your oartner not being very helpful in motivating you. Mine always says that he likes bigger girls, but is always saying i am looking really good as i lose weight. You gotta find your own motivation to do it, one thing i have learmt is you can't always rely on those around you. TTC should be a great motivator. You will want your baby to be as healthy as possible. Also maiing yourself healthier should be enough motivation. You said your starting to have problems develop, thats should help you see straight. You've already lost 7kg which is great! You'll find just small changes to your everyday life can make a huge difference, you don't have to be drastic. What ever you do to lose the weight makesure its something you can live with doing. Otherwise when you lose the weight and go back to the way you were living you will stack it back on.
A good thing about not getting the lap band surgery done is you will learn too eat better and look after yourself more.
Welcome and pood luck.

Postby curvygirl » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome. YOu will love this place and it will give you support and motivation. Go and have a look at some of the before and after photos and it will make you more determined than ever. This is a great environment for losing weight as we all share the same problem. My doctor also suggested lap band surgery but I am determined to get it one last go before I resort to surgery.
Good Luck and look forward to seeing your progress. :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 pm

hi & welcome. you'll get heaps of support & find the motivation u r looking for in this great forum.

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:02 am

Hi Whit,

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully with the motivation and inspiration that you'll find in this forum, you wont have to resort to the lap band procedure.

All the best ;-) ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Return to Introductions