It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie..

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie..

Postby Layla » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:41 am

Hi Everyone. popping in to introduce myself and hopefully get some encouragement and motivation along the way..
My name is layla, I'm 27 years old and mother to a 21 month old girl.

Prior to my pregnancy, my weight was never a big issue. I could have lost a couple of kilos here and there, but generally I was fine. Sine I had her, the struggle to loose weigh has been amazing! It seems to be so much harder than before! I lost 8kgs by myself in the last 18 months, but I've stalled. Weighed in this morning at 72kgs and my goal is to reach 65kg. So 7kgs to go, can't be that hard surely!

Either way, I'm done with the excuses and since I can hardly say to myself "I just had a baby" anymore, I decided that I need to get off my butt and do something once and for all aboutthe excess weight I'm carrying.

Starting today, I am following the Weight Watchers point system. I can't afford to go to meetings and my husband is working interstate, so I don't have the time anyway between work and toddler. However, I have bought the whole system off someone on ebay and am plannig to follow it by myself and have a weekly weigh in at home.

So, I am hoping that others will help me stay on track and help me get there! My self esteem is quite low these days and I find that its too easy to give in. At least by joining here I might by accountable to someone!
Layla

Re: Newbie..

Postby tania2573 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Hi Layla Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.Sounds like you have a good plan in place and this forum and the members are excellent.All the best.
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Re: Newbie..

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:47 am

Hi Layla,

Welcome to the forum and all the best on your weightloss journey ;-) ;-) ;-)

Kat

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Return to Introductions