It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

something needs to happen

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

something needs to happen

Postby jessica86 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:48 pm

Hey everyone

Im jess, im 22yrs old and am faaaaaaaaaat. lol. i lost weight a few years ago, and was at my goal weight of 65kg for a few months til i ripped the muscles in my shoulders and was put on steroids & NSAID's, which made me gain 50kg in 2 months. i ballooned to 120kg. i am currently 94kg, but it has taken me over a year to get to this, which i am happy with but it is so frustrating having to lose weight all over again.

the first time i lost weight i was a uni student and still living with my parents and i had the time to go to weight watchers meetings and worked out 5 times a week for 1-2hrs a day. Now im working full time and live with my fiance (to be husband this saturday :D ) and am finding it a lil bit harder. I now go to Fernwood gym, and am currently having 2 personal training sessions a week along with 1-3 sessions on my own each week, depending on my week.

Im a registered nurse, so work shifts, which is good because i can often go to the gym in the mornings or early afternoons. this probably sounds bad, but im still adjusting to the whole working full time/running a house thing (been doing it nearly 2 yrs now though). i know i just need more determination and to fit my life around losing weight, not the other way round.

its been hard the last few months, planning my wedding, most brides work out real hard to get skinny, and i couldnt do that as my dressmaker ordered my dress 6 months ago and refused to order it in a smaller size, so i needed to stay the same size. i worked mostly on toning up, which ive done thanks to my trainer. i cant beleive how much weight i can lift now.

the last month has been hard, i have had a real bad chest infection and became short of breath just walking up a few stairs! so im real antsy on starting running again.

i have 2 weeks holidays after the wedding (not having a honeymoon) and am planning on hitting the gym hard to kick start this weight loss again.

my goal is 65kg by xmas, so thats 29kg to lose. i know i can do it.

diet wise im pretty good. Im a vegan and aim to eat between 1400-1600cals a day.

i just spent $500 on new lorna jane workout clothes and am itching to get back to the gym tomorrow. I am real busy this week with final wedding plans, but i think a few sessions will help with my stress levels! so im hoping to hit the gym a few days this week.

well thats me, hope to get heaps of support & encouragement & inspiration from this forum.

<3 jess
jessica86

Re: something needs to happen

Postby lou64 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:22 am

wow, your life sounds really full on Jessica
I really wish you luck and take it slowly but surely you will get there
Look forward to hearing about your weight loss journey
Lou
lou64

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:33 am

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're definitely on the right path, especially with the exercising. 29kg's in 6 months is quite a hefty task, but i'm sure that you'll make great strides in getting there. Remember: slowly but surely wins the race.

All the best on your weightloss journey. I look forward to reading about your progress.

Kat ;-) ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby Tarz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Jessica,
Welcome to the forum and goodluck/congrats for this Saturday.
50kg in 2 months is a lot to put on! How did you cope mentally with the speed of that gain? Well done on getting back down to 94kg. I can understand why the dressmaker wouldn't order a dress in a size smaller, i have heard of too many brides stressing towardss the end cos they didn't lose any of the weight that they insisted they'd lose (hense why i am doing it now before i dress shop).
You will get lots of support and advise here. I look forward to reading your progress.
Tara
Tarz

Postby jessica86 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:35 pm

putting on 50kg in 2 months was heartbreaking, especially after losing 28kg to get to my goal of 65kg and only being that size a few months. i had all new size 8-10 clothes and was loving life. the weight gain was very hard to cope with, i felt like maybe im never meant to be thin.

but i remain optimistic!

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Tarz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Do remain optimistic, if you've done it once you can do it again!
Tarz

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:43 pm

Ooohhh congrats on your impending marriage ... now this is a must .... actually it's part of your terms and conditions when signing up for the forum that you share your wedding piccies for snoops like ME :mrgreen:

I won't say good luck etc ... as Im sure you're going to be getting plenty of "incidental" honeymoon exercise ... I'll see you when you come back :twisted: :mrgreen: 8)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby jessica86 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:52 am

lol thanks! we arent actually having a honeymoon straight after, we will have one for our 1 year anniversary.

i will definetely post some piccies! especially when im looking so good! lol

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Joanne » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:56 pm

Hey Jess

Good luck for the wedding - thats so exciting ! I'm getting married in February :D

SW: 80.9 (July 10, 2008)
GW: 64
Joanne

Return to Introductions