It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:55 am

Free Newsletter

The next 6 months will be a success....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

The next 6 months will be a success....

Postby jamesie » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Ok- so many many people all say- "Today is the day!" In fact, I reckon nearly every person who has lost a bit of weight has started 10 times over before finally sticking to any sort of regime!

But today I am serious- so I am going to run with it! I weighed in on Monday at 17st 13, around 250 lbs. Being 6"3, this gave me a BMI of around 32. Obviously this calsses me as obese, although I don't feel it has quite gone that far as yet. But I realise I do need to lose around 40 lbs to be a healthy weight for my age and height.

I have tried many diets, and being only 18 I put my health at risk by investing in Lipo-6, a supposed miracle cure to being overweight. It made me irritable and some nights I got NO sleep whatsoever.

I was standing in London on 28th June 2008, the day I had it in mind to have lost about 30lbs for at the start of the year! And I hadn't! I had gained 10 lbs since January 1st. The problem I had was at the start of 2008, I thought how long it would take me to lose the weight I needed to lose- how 6 months seemed like an impossible task.

Then in London in June, I suddenly realised how quickly those months had been and gone, and if I had just stayed motivated for that short period of time, how much better I would have felt about myself.

This time, its the same! Im struggling after three days because I see 6 months as such a long time! I have joined this site in the hope for motivation for those who have succeeded, and those who are giving it a darn good try!

I have a first mini goal of being 15lbs down by the end of August!

Thanks, James

Re: The next 6 months will be a success....

Postby milkyway » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:27 am

Hi James - love your thread title. Yes - you WILL be a success. Welcome to the forum :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 am

Hi James,

Welcome to the forum.

I can totally relate to you with the whole 6 months thing. I find myself in the same boat as u. At the start of 2008, i had resolved to have lost all the necessary weight by the end of June (more or less). So, did i get stuck into eating right? No!!! Did i get stuck into going to the gym or using my treadmill and exercise bike at home? No!!! Did i reach goal weight? NO!!!!!!! So, I find myself reflecting on the passage of time and how quick 6 months actually is. I only joined this group a few weeks ago, but already i'm finding myself more motivated to do what i need to do regarding my weight because there's a great system of support and accountability here. I'm sure you'll find this forum just as useful as i am finding it.

All the best on your weightloss journey. I look forward to reading abt your progress.

Kat ;- ) ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby curvygirl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:53 am

Welcome James. ON this forum you are surrounded by people on their journey and some who have finished and willing to pass on their success. I too vowed to make this my year and loose my unwanted fat but also like you it has taken me till JUly to start. I know I wont be where I want to be by Christmas but I know I wont be as fat as last Christmas. Good luck with yur weight loss and I look forward to watching you progress.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011

Postby Strawberry » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:27 pm

welcome 2 the forum james. my tip would be 2 take it one day @ a time. What u do today helps u tomorrow. Lol - this is my motto & using it all over the forum. everyday of good eating & exercise helps u get closer 2 ur goal & those 6 mths. Good luck.

Postby tania2573 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:45 pm

Hi welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals.You will get lots of support and motivation here. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85

Postby ~Paste~ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:14 pm

Hey James,

Oh how we are in the same boat!

Last Christmas i said to myself 'by your birthday sam, you will loose 20 kilos or even just 10 kilos'. and it never happened! I didnt exercised at all and still ate the same junk!. I think ive gained too -_-. But like you, i have finally had enough!. It will be hard to start and get off the ground, but thats a given. I wish you well in your journey! and remember you are going to make mistakes, just don't give up! there will be good days and bad days, its just not going to happen over night.

This forum is being a real big help to me, and im positive it will be fore you to!

Goal Weight by 25/6/2008: 100
Goal Weight by 11/6/2009: 85
Goal Weight by 25/12/2009: 70

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:47 pm

Welcome to the forum, James! Good luck with your weight loss. I'm sure you'll achieve your mini-goal by August. What is your plan when it comes to exercise and diet to help you lose this weight?

Return to Introductions