It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 am

Free Newsletter

New and ready for a new bod

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New and ready for a new bod

Postby summerbod » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi,

Just started here today, have already lost 2kilos, but need to loose more!
After my second bebe, the weight did not melt off so well, so I am giving myself this year to at least get back into the 70's and back into some summer clothes. Go to the gym 3 times a week doing cardio and abs express, so hopefully my hard work will pay off long term. I want to wear a cossie with pride this summer.
Wish me luck, I am gonna need it! :lol:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJpYkcp/]
[/url]
summerbod

Re: New and ready for a new bod

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi Summerbod,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've already got some solid structures in place to facilitate ur weightloss. This forum will supplement all your efforts at home.

All the best with the weightloss and getting back into a cossie this summer.

Kat ;-) ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby summerbod » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Thank you!

Looks like we have lost the same about of wieight :lol:
How long have you been coming to the forum?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wStxaMe/]
[/url]
summerbod

Postby matchbox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:29 pm

welcome to the forum :) feel free to jump in anytime, we don't bite (much :wink: hehe)

congrats on your loss so far and best of luck!
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:09 am

summerbod wrote:Looks like we have lost the same about of wieight
How long have you been coming to the forum?

Yeah, we have lost the same amout of weight ;-)

I've been on the forum for exactly a month now. I've lost those 2 kg's without exercising, but i'm slowly allowing myself to accept the reality that my weightloss is gonna be extremely slow unless i supplement my dietary changes with exercise. Only problem is : I HATE EXERCISING!!!!! But i'm gonna have to force myself to do it. Even if its just walking around the neughbourhood for 30 mins, 5 days a week. Problem with me is that i'm either very good or very bad! Once i start exercising, i'll be commited and i'll stick to it. I just cant seem to find the motivation to do it. I've been overweight my whole life, so i unfortunately have very negative associations with exercise!! I need to break that pattern tho!! Maybe i need to fool myself into exercising. I wish that incidental exercising could burn off ALL the necessary calories. That would be heaven for me ;-) ;-) ;-)

Howz it going for u?

Hurricane Katrina

Postby Trace » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:44 am

welcome to the Forum! Good Luck with your weightloss goals. You will find loads of support and encouragement hear. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whJgqyd/]
Trace

Postby summerbod » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:55 pm

Hurricane Katrina, I hate exercise as well, but the older you get the harder it is to get rid of the weight, so I joined a gym, (hate gyms!) and became friendly with one of the staff who expects to see me every mon, wed and friday. So I find this really helps. Exercise does speed up the weight loss, walking everyday does the trick. I like to think of exercise as burning the fat off your body, you are sweating out the fat!

I too have been overweight most of my life. I was pretty slim 5 years ago which is my goal weight and at that time I had a dietician monitoring me. She was very strict. So from past experience I know I need a firm hand! :lol:

Let's get ourselves into the 80's! We are nearly there.

sbx

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtyY0RE/]
[/url]
summerbod

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:15 pm

summerbod wrote:I joined a gym, (hate gyms!) and became friendly with one of the staff who expects to see me every mon, wed and friday. So I find this really helps. Exercise does speed up the weight loss, walking everyday does the trick. I like to think of exercise as burning the fat off your body, you are sweating out the fat!

That's awsome that you've joined a gym! And the fact that you've made friends with someone who's gonna hold u accountable for pitching up at the gym on specific days is also great!!!

Sadly, i've noticed that no matter how well i'm eating and following a sensible diet, the weight just doesnt shift as quickly as when ur supplementing ur efforts with EXERCISE!! Sigh.......so, i've had to resign myself to the fact that i'll have to join a gym and start sweating it out too. So, i'm gonna join a gym at the end of August (coz that's when i'll be able to afford a membership). In the meantime, i'm gonna do what i can in terms of walking/jogging around the neighbourhood.

Keep going Summerbod!!!

kat ;-) ;-) ;-)

Hurricane Katrina

Postby Shalimar » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:23 am

Hi summerbod, welcome. have fun in here and of course best of luck to you :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Introductions