It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Ooops...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Ooops...

Postby AllieCat » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:38 am

Well here I am again.

I posted my introduction last time, then got so scared and ran away. Now I recognise I need help.

So, for those who didn't see it..

My name is Allie, I'm 16 (nearly 17!) years old, and almost always struggled with weight. No this isn't a teenager being petty, I'm talking actually being obese on a BMI scale.

Any tips or tricks to get started - Once I have a diet/exercise regime I tend to stick to it... But it's the kickstart that really hurts!

Much Love
The Cat
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjWfBRu/]
[/url]
AllieCat

Re: Ooops...

Postby jessica86 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:51 am

hey Alliecat

first of all, good on you for realizing you need to do something about your weight & health. When i was your age (im now 22) i was obese, but i saw myself as normal. i wish i had someone to tell me 'hey, you need to do something here'. so good on you for getting started while your still very young.

at your age, im guessing your either still in high school, or maybe have a part time job or something, what are you up to at the moment? how much money can you afford to spend on your health? do you have enough to get a gym membership, or enough just for some new walking shoes? work out a budget so you can work out how you will start exercising, at a cost(gym) or for free( walking around the neighbourhood).

hows your diet? do you still live at home, or living on your own or with friends? how much money can you afford to spend on quality healthy foods? if your strapped for cash let me know and ill give you some tips of budget healthfood shopping.

come up with some goals. how much do you currently weigh? what is your height? what is your goal weight? break down your total weightloss goal into smaller mini goals and work at each goal one at a time. include non-food rewards when you reach these goals, either a new outfit or haircut etc.

work out some motivation. is there anyone you aspire to? me personally i aspire to rihanna & jessica alba, because they are both very fit & work very hard at achieving their looks. this forum is great for inspiration- read some of the true stories and before/after pics.

a good way to get started and keep true to your goals is to keep a journal. i keep a blog- http://jessica-mole.livejournal.com/
its a great way to put your goals, thoughts & feelings along with a diary of your diet/exercise habits so you can reflect and learn from your weight loss journey.

why not start a challenge? there are sooooooooooooo many challenges on this forum, or you could make up your own.

hope this helps, and look forward to hearing how you are going.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Tarz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Hi ALicat, here is my 2 cents.
Your young, meaning losing weight should be easier for you then older people.
Make sure you have breakfast every morning, sleeping makes your body go into a starvation mode and tries to conserve energy therefor slowing the metabolism, having breakfast will kick start it in the morning so have some thing hi in protein and fibre to keep you full for longer so you won't be tempted to snack. Don't have big meals at night and watch you carb intake, if you have stirfry limit the amount of rice you have.
If you don't want to join a gym to do exercise go for a long walk each day, start the c25k challange (running) or join a team sport, indoor netball, soccer, baseball, you'll make new friends and its so much fun!
Basically you just need to make yourself more active and more concious of what you eat. just remeber it does take time and you should not try to starve yourself, that will slow your metabolism down more. Also losing weight fast can quite often mean you losing muscle not fat and the quicker you lose weight the quicker you will put it on again. Slow and steady will make you look the best!
Goodluck.
Tarz

Postby AllieCat » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Me? Not eating? Will never happen!

No matter how bad I feel, i still eat, which is terrible.

My problem is, or one of them, is that I've never had an issue with the opposite censored. I've never had issues finding a boyfriend, or someone that likes me. Then if I ever mention that I need to lose weight, they say I'm fine, then my dad says they're lying to make me feel better, and it's a horrible, viscious circle!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjWfBRu/]
[/url]
AllieCat

Postby jessica86 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 pm

my husband always say's i look fine the way i am, but he doesnt understand i dont think i look fine. i dont care what other people think of me, i dont feel comfortable in this skin, and if you want to get fit & healthy it has to be for yourself.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:29 pm

As Jessica says, it has to be for yourself first and foremost. I have tried before and failed because I wasn't doing it for me. This time it is all about me and so far so good :D .

Welcome and best of luck by the way.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby warriorcat » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:46 pm

I agree with the others, this is something you need to do for yourself and for your soul. The thing with other peoples comments on your appearance, is that it's their opinions. Some will say think you look fine and others will think you need to lose weight, but what's most important is what YOU truly feel about you and not what you feel based on what other people are saying (if that makes sense).

Good luck on your journey i'm sure you will go far :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkR2Tlx/]
[/url]
warriorcat

Return to Introductions