It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Another Newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Newbie

Postby kiwikris72 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi everybody, I'm Kristina and I'm overweight. I think my problem is pure laziness and I say that with all honesty. I live by myself and quite frankly can't be bothered to cook healthy meals and create dirty dishes and pans when it's just me (has anybody tried lite 'n easy by the way?). And again being perfectly honest, I have never been an overly active person. I dislike getting hot and sweaty.

However, I am alone in my love life as well (sorry but this going to be my emotional vent as well) and am sick of being looked over by prospective partners because of the way I look. As much as we all like to say it's what's on the inside, we really know that when meeting a potential mate it's first impression chemistry that does it. I do have a wonderful group of friends who love me dearly though for which I am very thankful.

So come on people I need some motivation here. I dislike myself physically and it's taking a toll. Oh by the way my ideal weight should be around 60-65kgs and I believe I'm about 85-90kgs (should be a size 10-12, am a size 16).

Kristina
kiwikris72

Re: Another Newbie

Postby Tarz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. Good luck getting to your goal. Instead of looking at your living situation as pointless cooking for yourself, just think of the advantages you have that way, you can only have healthy foods, cook extra each time and freeze it. no one to tempt you with dessert etc. You gotta think positvely or it will be a very hard thing to do. I look forward to seeing your progress.
Tara
Tarz

Postby kiwikris72 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks Tarz, you are right of course. By doing my own cooking I do have more control over what I eat and this is how I should look at it. I think I might look at low fat casseroles and stews, something that just requires a bit of slicing and popping all into one pot, then I can forget about it and go for my evening run/walk while it cooks. That way I won't be tempted to snack while I'm waiting for dinner. What do you think?
kiwikris72

Postby Tarz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:28 pm

sounds like a good plan to me. Last night while i had dinner cooking i also made up a pot of lentil stew for my lunch for the week, kept me occupied and stopped me from munching while waiting.
Tarz

Postby Shalimar » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Hello, welcome and best of luck with your goals :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby kiwikris72 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Thanks Shalimar, I must say you are a bit of an inspiration to me. I have read a lot of your posts since I joined the forum yesterday and what you have achieved so far is nothing short of amazing and impressive.

I promise to myself first and foremost, and also to us all, that I/we can achieve anything in life, and we will all be healthy, fit, and even more beautiful than we all are now.
kiwikris72

Postby kiwikris72 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:41 pm

I am going to use this topic I have started as my daily journal entry.

As I have said before, I joined this forum yesterday and instantly found many people who were just like me, frustrated with how they look and feel, but lacking in either willpower or motivation to do anything about it. And then I found challenges I could join, with little weight tickers and lots of motivational posts. It's funny but I suddenly have some motivation to change just from reading this stuff yesterday and have joined a 12 week challenge topic started by Zoey I believe. I will put my progress in there as well as here for my own record.

Last night I went for a half hour run/walk and then had a lean cuisine for dinner to which I added some steamed vegetables for dinner. Today for breakfast I had a bowl of muesli with skim milk. So far so good. But alas my first sin crops up, I had some pikelets for lunch, only because I had bought them on the weekend and didn't want to waste good money on throwing them out. Will do and can do better!

Will update again tomorrow.
kiwikris72

Postby Tarz » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:50 pm

Your off to a great start! You should start up a thread in the personal progress section. Also i have a trick to stop me eating things like the packet pikelets (and i love them) i look at the calorie content on calorie king and know i don't want to go near them, way to many cals for what it is. Well done on joining Zoe's challenge, they are always a great way to get you going.
Tarz

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:19 pm

I'm glad I can be of help to someone :wink: .

If you stick with the great attitude I am confident you will go far :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Introductions