It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

My brutally honest story and what i've learnt.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My brutally honest story and what i've learnt.

Postby warriorcat » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Hello! I am new here and just thought i'd share my story.

I am currently 77kg. I have lost 7.5kg since January this year. I am 174cm tall. I am currently on Duromine to help with my sugar cravings. I haven't been on that many types of diets but i have done the shakes and low carb. I eat relatively healthy but the main problem i have is my love of chocolate and sweets and when i am stressed i would eat and throw up. (sorry if that is gross)

I have a blood disorder that affects my iron and i also have insulin resistance so i have to watch my sugar and carb intake (which is hard especially since Chocolate is my God) and i suffered severe bouts of depression when i was younger.

I grew up always thinking i was fat because i weighed more than everyone at my school.
I have always had low self esteem and have never had any friends and i always thought i was ugly and unfeminine. But in reality i wasn't fat at all i am just taller than a lot of people and therefore weigh more. Because i thought i was fat, i ate like a fat person and when i finished high school i was 75kg and I started binging and purging (but i didn't think i was bulimic because i only ever threw up the bad stuff i ate and i wasn't thin.)

Over 2 years i climbed to 85kg because i lived a very unhealthy life (lots of drinking and partying and purging)
Then from depression and "bad stuff" happening in my life i started taking speed and drugs and stopped eating and i lost 10 kilos. (sorry if my drug taking offends people. I don't take drugs anymore.)
Then i stopped taking drugs and went back up to 85kg (substitued drugs for food and purging)
I got rid of all my toxic friends and started walking 45 minutes a day, cut out junk food (like McDonalds etc) but still ate chocolate and i got down to about 69kg!
Then i moved in with my then fiance and then over a year i put on 7kg.
So i started running and eating healthy, (still eating a chocolate bar a day) and i got down to 66kg.
Then i got married and over 3 years got back up to 85kg! But am getting there and am currently about 77kg.

So the lessons i have learned:

1. Excerise and healthy eating is the key! Every time i have put on weight it is because i have stopped exercising and eaten too much rubbish. This may sound obvious, but for years as soon as i reached my "goal weight to be in the 60's" i stopped exercising and started eating all the wrong foods because i thought i was thin and was allowed. Maintenance is important!

2. Ditching "toxic" situations is important to change and cleanse your lifestyle!I found when i got rid of the poisonous people in my life and the dangerous situations i was in this helped me to avoid emotional eating.

3. Exercise = Happiness. I love starting my work days with a good cardio work out. It puts me in a good mood and makes me feel happy.

4. Planning your day is imperative: I am currently having time off from work whilst i wait to start my new job. I have found that i am so out of routine that i haven't exercised at all! I thought because i have the whole day to exercise, i've ended up doing nothing! Usually i get up with husband and exercise before work. It's important to plan your day ahead and schedule time for when you are going to exercise, and what and when you are going to eat. If you know your routine is going to change (ie you may have a work lunch meeting, or a be working late or have a day off etc) be prepared!

5. Love yourself and the person you are, because at the end of the day, thinness does not equate to happiness. What's important is our mental and physical health and what we believe to be true about ourselves.

Any way just thought i'd share my story in case it helps anyone. I am a happier person now and even though life is far from perfect at the moment, i feel strong and able to cope. :)

Thanks
Love Warriorcat
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkR2Tlx/]
[/url]
warriorcat

Re: My brutally honest story and what i've learnt.

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:22 pm

All I can say is good on you for getting yourself out of a bad situation, you should be proud of yourself.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Lexi_1987 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi there and welcome to the boards...
Thank you so much for posting, I can relate to your story more than i'd like to admit. Although... my doctor wont prescribe me duromine :( I have a binge eaing disorder, which i have to get sorted out before hand. Generally I don't purge anymore. Throwing up blood and forever having sensitive teeth turned me off so now it's only when I have a "Massive" binge. Since stopping I put on over 25kg. I've lost about 6kgs so far. It's slow and a lot harder than that nice easy option. But It feels so much better. I still binge occasionally but now it's on things like stirfry or rice it's kind of a harm minnimisation type program, sometime soon hopefully i'll be able to give it up all together. :D
Welcome to the forums. Good luck in your journey. It's wonderful here.
Just drop me a line if you ever need/want to talk.
Xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ByPK8/]
[/url]
Lexi_1987

Postby DCDC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Well hello everyone
This is my first day on this so im new. I started taking Duromine on Monday so today will be day 4. Im 79 kgs and 154 cm tall. Everyone says how bad Duromine is for you but i have not experienced any bad side effects. Im sleeping well at night, have not gone crazy yet and i dont eat as much I LOVE IT LOL I take it every day at 7 am after the gym because i go to the gym at 6am which it has given more energy and motivation. On day 3 i lost 2kgs and i couldnt believe it i was like OMG!! and im only on 15 mgs.
I bet you want to know why im on it well i went on Reductil was on it twice for a year and i had to go off it last year because it drove me over the edge and i got depression and yes i lost 25 kgs. I promsied i will never take it again but at the start of this year i was feeling like i was putting the weight back on and i put on 8 kgs. I started the gym again 5 time a week and tried to watch what i ate but still no results and you know when your so fed up with yourself and you feel like you have let yourself down and nothing was working so i turned to Duromine. I know its the easy way out but I KNEW it was my last resort so here i am today praying for a mircle that it works and yes im scared who wouldnt be when you have heard all the bad stuff about it and its only for a few weeks i hope :)
But i believe sometimes your mind can play tricks on so if you experience the bad side effects think postive and dont let it take power over you because you are in control :P
DCDC

Duromine day 4

Postby DCDC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:24 pm

Well hello everyone
This is my first day on this so im new. I started taking Duromine on Monday so today will be day 4. Im 79 kgs and 154 cm tall. Everyone says how bad Duromine is for you but i have not experienced any bad side effects. Im sleeping well at night, have not gone crazy yet and i dont eat as much I LOVE IT LOL I take it every day at 7 am after the gym because i go to the gym at 6am which it has given more energy and motivation. On day 3 i lost 2kgs and i couldnt believe it i was like OMG!! and im only on 15 mgs.
I bet you want to know why im on it well i went on Reductil was on it twice for a year and i had to go off it last year because it drove me over the edge and i got depression and yes i lost 25 kgs. I promsied i will never take it again but at the start of this year i was feeling like i was putting the weight back on and i put on 8 kgs. I started the gym again 5 time a week and tried to watch what i ate but still no results and you know when your so fed up with yourself and you feel like you have let yourself down and nothing was working so i turned to Duromine. I know its the easy way out but I KNEW it was my last resort so here i am today praying for a mircle that it works and yes im scared who wouldnt be when you have heard all the bad stuff about it and its only for a few weeks i hope
But i believe sometimes your mind can play tricks on so if you experience the bad side effects think postive and dont let it take power over you because you are in control
DCDC

Return to Introductions