It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 am

Free Newsletter

New here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here

Postby FlaGal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:33 am

I am new to this board and am in need of some friends for support with my weight. I am trying to lose alot fo weight I need to lose 145 lbs. I know that sounds like alot to lose but I need to for my health now so I am really serious about losing it.
I began today on my eating plan, right now I am just cutting my food in half and eating healthy to, plenty of vegetables and fish and staying away from the withe breads and rolls and pasta's and sweets to.
Its not really a low carb plan because I want to have my wheat toast with my breakfast in the mornings. I am not a big egg or bacon eater and most times I just eat a slice of whole wheat toast and my coffee for breakfast.
I need all the help I can get in order to help me lose this weight.
I am so tired of my doctor fussing at me about my weight.
I am 63 yrs. old and have spinal arthritis and also arthritis in my hips and knees to so my exercise is limited to the pool which I do get in most everyday and do my water exercises. We have a nice in-gtound pool so my water exercise is no problem for me to do. But I do not walk good at all and have to use my wheel chair if I go out and have to walk for a long distance. My husband helps me with this.

I am currently 295 lbs. and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I am five feet six inches tall.
If you all can help me i would so much apreciate it.
Thanks.
FlaGal
FlaGal

Re: New here

Postby Zoe2312 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 am

Hi! And welcome to the forum! I'm not so crash hot on lbs/kg conversion, so I couldn't quite work out your goals, but good luck with them! I'm sure you'll find plenty of support on this site, I know I have found it so helpful with motivation, support and ideas, it's really wonderful :D there are so many lovely people about to be your friend and share the journey with you and help you along the way. Goodluck! :D
Zoe2312

Postby FlaGal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:28 am

I am at 295 pounds and my goal weight is 150, so I need to lose -145 pounds. Thats alot of weight I know but I feel I can lose it.
FlaGal
FlaGal

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi FlaGal and welcome, good luck with it all :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Return to Introductions