It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Free Newsletter

oh....my...god

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

oh....my...god

Postby Nya » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:34 pm

Hello...I am a 22 year old mum from melbourne :) recently i was admitted to hospital for hand surgery. I figured i weighed about 110 kg....well i weighed in at 140 :( i was so shocked i just sat and cried :( i cant believe it...i am a long time dieter, with tony ferguson, weight weatchers, sureslim, jenny craig, soup diets etc all under my ever expanding belt. I just sat here and ate my final meal...an ENTIRE bag of wedges with sour cream..a block of chocolate...a pack of tim tams....i feel so sick....and so ashamed...yet...the food is so comforting lol funny eh? tomorrow (with my drs advice) i begin optifast. I am very worried..i know it will be hard...but im determined to lose this weight...my partner has been overseas on business for 7 months...in that time ive gained 40 kg :( im going to live over in tbhe US with him in january...so BIG motivation to get this weight off...im sorry to ramble lol i could really use some support and friendship with likeminded people...and ill do my best to support you all back...thanks for listening :) xx
Nya

Re: oh....my...god

Postby Mandie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:41 pm

It's a big shock to discover what you weigh, isn't it? I had a really similar experience- last time I had weighed myself was 110kg, and then I decided I was getting too overweight and went to a dietician - she weighed me and it was almost 140kg! I was horrified.. but even more determined to rid myself of the excess weight!

Optifast is a good option to start with, but make sure you learn lots about healthy eating and start doing some exercise - eventually you're going to have to eat "real food" again and you don't want to put the weight back on! I'm sorry you had such a big "last meal" but maybe the memory of how awful you felt afterwards will keep you from wanting it again soon!

Good luck with your journey, if you need any extra tips or advice feel free to ask specific questions on here, or pm me :)
Mandie

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:02 pm

hi nya,

i can relate to stepping on the scales and finding that u weigh far more than what u thawt u did!!! its such a shock. but the best thing is to turn that shock and horror into motivation to lose that unwanted weight.

all the best with optifast.

i look forwarrd to reading about ur progress.

kat :-) :-) :-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:18 pm

Hello and welcome :) I'm glad you've found this forum, I've been a part of it for almost a year now and the support has been incredible. I've seen some amazing people perform inspiring transformations on their bodies here.

Try not to look at it like it's a really hard (easier said than done, eh?), because tiny and frequent goals are the key, and I'm sure you'll find like the rest of us that once you start seeing small results, you're so excited that you'll hardly see it as a huge task.

We're all in the same boat, so never hesitate to post about anything. In my opinion daily life has a huge impact on how we became heavy in the first place, why we want to lose weight and how well we stick at it - so if you have something to get off your chest or share then we aren't going to have a go about it being irrelevant :)

:D Looking forward to sharing the journey with you!

Megs
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby teddybear17 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi, I am in Melbourne too, and when I weighed in at 174kgs, I couldn't believe it either. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I have also tried all the diets, except Tony Ferguson.
Do what others have suggested, and what I also do, I get excited when I lose 5kgs, because when I lose the next 5kgs I am down to another starting number. :D

This is my first major goal.
Next one is to get under 80kgs.
Finally, somewhere around 60kgs.
teddybear17

Return to Introductions