It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:52 pm

Free Newsletter

newbie looking for motivation

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

newbie looking for motivation

Postby determined2bme » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:52 am

hi there, i am kara i am actually quite nervous talking about my weight and issues, as i am sure everyone is. I have hit a nerve persae as i currently had to have photos taken for my father's birthday along with my 3 stunningly slim gorgeous sisters. It wasnt until i loaded them on the computer and seen the "real" me. standing along side my sisters ( who weigh no more than 50 kgs i looked like a bus, the realisation smacked me in the face as just how far i have let myself go. I am currently weighed in at 74.5 kilo's ( which is 20.4kilos larger than wat i was 1 yr ago). I started weight training in my newly purchased home gym, as well as dance and workout dvds etc etc. and i am starting to loose motivation.....

For some reason i start really well ( even persuaded myself to get on scales, but to my dismay weight has not shifted) CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE AS TO WERE IM GNG WRONG???????

problem areas are, stomach ) i have had to kids) legs and arms. but over all would like to loose weight everywhere

hope 2 chat soon

kara
determined2bme

Re: newbie looking for motivation

Postby hippy_shake » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:59 am

Hey,

If you're exercising but not seeing any results then maybe your calorie intake needs to be looked at? I'd suggest you log onto calorie king as it sets you up with your own profile and is a great way of keeping track of how much you eat. Start with small things that are achievable, such as maybe a walk or some type of exercise most days, switch to low fat versions of milk etc, drink more water- and log on here often for support :) Let us know how you go :)

Jane.
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Re: newbie looking for motivation

Postby SubiGirl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi there

My sister is having the same problems, we do weights during the week with some cardio mixed in. So this month she's trying only cardio to see if it makes a difference. 2 years ago I started weight training and dropped 2 dress sizes but only lost 4 kilos, so you have to take into account you'll put on muscle also. But Jane is right, calories play the biggest part.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wl6GPO5/]
[/url]
SubiGirl

Return to Introductions