It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:19 am

Free Newsletter

Hey there

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey there

Postby Freddy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:27 am

Before I left high school I already was 'a bit' chubby. Just a few kg's overweight, nothing interesting. Thought I'd be able to get rid of that by just doing a few laps around the block. Problem is I was never too motivated to actually do the laps, which made the chubbiness worse.

Right now I weigh 224 lbs, where the goal is 187 lbs. Vacation's over as well, which made my fat build up a bit too, about 8-10 lbs total, over 3 weeks of doing totally... entirely... nothing.

I'm a bit sick of it. I want to lose the weight, and be able to look like the other guys around work, around the shopping mall, around the pool. When I go to the pool, I'm embarrassed to take of my shirt, so I take off the shirt, jump in, get out and immediately put the shirt back on. When I go to the gym, I see all these guys and girls with great bodies and wonder why there's nobody else around with the same problem as I do. (They're there, I just don't notice them, because I'm preoccupied with my own problem...)

So, I'm ready to lose weight and would love to hear your opinions on improving my life style, health and eating habits.
Freddy

Re: Hey there

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi Freddy,
Welcome to the forum! A good place to start, if you haven't already done so, is with a food and exercise diary so that you know exactly what it is that you are eating and doing in a day. Then from there you can start finding ways to change this or that and build on small changes to make big ones. Just remember to start small and aim for long term and you'll get there.
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Shalimar » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi Freddy, welcome and best of luck with your goals :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Freddy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Thanks for the replies :)

I just mocked up a little diary on Google Docs, so I can keep easy track of things I should (not) eat.

Been lurking around the forums a little as well, I feel very motivated to join you guys (and girls ;) ) in your quest to physical health improvement.

Before I came around this forum I actually almost thought I was the only one with an actual health issue, but when reading around here, I'm definitely not the only one who has a tough time.
Freddy

Postby ali76 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:47 pm

You're definately not alone freddy!!

What's your plan of attacK?

Oh - welcome to the forum by the way! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Freddy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:37 pm

My plan of attack is fairly simple.

The body needs about 1.5 - 2 liters of water a day to stay clean and hydrated. So I want to drink at least 2 liters of water a day, and less coffee as I used to. Normally I would drink around 8 cups of coffee a day, which actually isn't very good for your body. Caffeine is like drugs, not good... Besides that, coffee actually adds up to the mess your body needs to drain, so I should replace my 8 cups of coffee by 3 cups of green tea, 6 glasses of water and no more than 2 cups of coffee. On a daily basis I think that should pretty much clean out the mess I made of it.

Besides that, I want to start getting more excercise. I already have a membership to a gym, but I'm going to cancel that. (I can hear you swear at me right now ;) ) But I will go to work by bike more often. The goal is to go to work by bike at least 3 days a week, if the weather is really bad that might be just 2 times though. I have a good bike, and once in a while I already go to work by bike. Time to put my body to the test, is it capable of cycling 150 or more km's a week? I think it is, but it will definitely take some getting used to.

So basically:
1) Watch my eating and drinking habits, and change them were needed.
2) Get more excercise, by cycling to work instead of using mass transit.
3) Get motivated by discussing and reading here on the forums ;)
Freddy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:03 pm

if mine can do it you can (I cycle 38km per week day except Tuesdays when it's about half) :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby musclecar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Hey man.

I ride to TAFE 4 times a week. All up Im covering about 75kms+ a week. Its great for an overall workout. I just started factoring in drinking more water this last week, makes a real difference.

Best of luck man!
musclecar

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:38 am

:) Hey

I don't really have much to add that the others haven't already, but I thought I'd say welcome. Here if you ever need anything :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Return to Introductions