It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Brisvegas Newbie...!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Brisvegas Newbie...!!

Postby cherricola » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:53 am

[color=#BF00BF]Ok, so a little about me…

I’m 25, due to get married in two years (a long way off, but just the right time frame I think to lose the weight I want to lose), and I’m a full-time office manager – ie. I sit on my backside all day long at a desk… :oops:

I used to get teased at school for being the “fat kid” – even though I was 168cm and 65kg up until the time I graduated… Not fat by any means I would have thought…

So I left school, met a boy, moved out of home with him & I guess I got comfortable… I don’t know when it started, but by the time I was 21 I weighed in at 125kg’s. I looked at the photo’s from my party and it kind of hit me – I had become the fat kid – but it felt to me like it all happened overnight… In a space of 4 years, I’d almost doubled my weight!! A few months after my 22nd birthday, I found out the guy I was with was cheating on me & I left him. :evil:

I had never gone out partying by myself as a single chick as I’d been with the ex since I was 17 – so I started going out – A LOT. I got myself in to a situation where I’d spend all my money on drugs and alcohol – minimal food, but I always made sure my rent was paid, and then ended up with 48hrs to come up with all this money before my car was due to be repossessed as I’d been spending that money too on my partying ways. During this time, I dropped about 35kg’s. I was working 7 days a week, partying 5 nights a week, and probably eating about the equivalent of 2 “proper” meals a week… Not the best way to loose weight – but my confidence was way up there because I’d lost all this weight… I guess the drugs probably enhanced the confidence too…

Anyway, it all came crashing down on me and I realized what I was doing to myself when the phone call came about the repossession of my car… I lost it. Cried for days and days… :( I moved back home with my Dad for a couple of months to sort myself out again, before moving to Brisbane (from the Sunshine Coast) to find a decent job and “grow up”. I stayed with my Grandma for a few months before getting my own place. Got myself a decent job and met the now fiancée. Between moving down here and now, I’ve put most of the weight back on again and now weigh in at 106.4kg’s.

I joined Curves on Monday and have begun to make the effort to go every day this week. I’m aiming to go at least 4 times a week & work out as hard as I can while I’m there. Once I get in to the routine of that, I want to start swimming (at home) and walking the dog too. I try to eat healthily, but always seem to be pulled back in by the temptation of chips and fast-food. It makes it harder too to eat well when we have my fiancée’s kids. They come over every second weekend – sometimes for a week or two at a time, and they’ve been bought up on McDonald’s and KFC and pretty much junkfood in general. I cook up chicken and salad/veges etc, and they won’t have a bar of it… Their mother is overweight too, and I really hate watching these kids (5yo and 10yo) grow up scared to eat anything remotely good for them. The eldest won’t even drink water because he know’s it’s healthy!! :?

I feel like I’m not only battling with myself – but with everyone around me.. Because I do all the cooking, I like to please everyone… I don’t want to force everyone around me to live on rabbit food, just because I am… I love food, and I love to cook… I just need to learn to cook healthier appetizing food, and learn to enjoy it… But how do I get the others to enjoy it too??

I feel like I’m giving myself a healthy time frame to lose the weight – I’d like to get back down to 70kg – total of 36.4kg to lose. I see it as attainable, but I also know it’s going to take a lot of hard work and commitment from me. My main problem is I lack motivation and I need encouragement from others to help me on my journey. I think I may have found the right place to find all that with this forum… at least I hope so anyway… My fiancée supports me in anyway he can, but it’s not enough for me… LOL – does that sound bad??

If anyone has any suggestions or tips for me, I will take them on board 100%.

I’m glad I’ve found this little community and I hope we call all help each other reach our goals!! :D
[/color]
cherricola

Re: Brisvegas Newbie...!!

Postby Shalimar » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:15 pm

Wow, well done on getting that all out :D .

Best of luck with reaching your goals and of course welcome to the forums :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby curvygirl » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Welcome to the best support network around. Search and you will find almost any eating plan you can try and tonnes and tonnes of support. Good luck with your goals. You will do it :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Laura_K » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi Cola,

You welcomed me and now its my turn to welcome you!!! Good luck with your weight loss journey! I hope it is a successful one!

We have about the same amount of weight to lose, so hopefully we can support each other! I am trying to work up enough courage to make a ticker. I will get on the scales tomorrow for the dreaded weigh in!

If you need any one on one support then feel to PM me.

Take Care,
Laura
Laura_K

Postby *CandyGirl* » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:51 am

Hello and welcome :)

I'm new myself so hope to see you on the boards.
*CandyGirl*

Postby Booties » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:41 pm

Hey hey :)

I am from about 30mins north of Bris :)

I am 23 and got married nearly 2.5yrs ago :)

Its great you have a goal and its awesome you have joined the forums :) it definitely helps to have others walking the same path and those who have gone before, to give advice.

Take care and i know you can achieve your goals

Rachel

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby Freddy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey cherricola. I wanted to read your post yesterday, but I couldn't really be bothered :roll: There was just too much text and I had been sitting in front of a computer screen for about 10 hours by that time...

Anyway, woke up this morning, thought I'd have a read.

It looks to me as if you're very strong mentally. Be honest, you've overcome some of the worst habits you could possibly think of. I bet you're able to make those kids eat 'rabbit food' as well. You could make a salad with some grilled chicken bits in it, McDonalds has the same thing on their menu. Wanna bet your fiancee's kids are going to eat it? Try to convince them it's really tasty. Is your fiancee actually on your side with the food, or does he agree with HIS kids living on 200gr of meat, 200 gr of fries and 400gr of fat each day? Do some research... Make sure his kids understand what fastfood does to you on the long term.
Freddy

Postby cherricola » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:26 pm

LOL. Thanks Freddy… I tend to ramble on and don’t realise until I’ve written about twenty pages and bored everyone to death… sorry bout that! :P

My fiancee is in agreeance with me that they should not be eating the ridiculous amounts of crap that they do, but they live with their mother all but every second weekend, and well we can’t really control what she puts in front of her kids to eat, can we? Wish I bloody well could though! It makes me so angry to hear about what they’re constantly consuming… I could bet you a million dollars that these kids would not eat a grilled chicken salad – it has GREEN stuff in it!! LOL. I do the sly on them though and grate up veges and put it in the mince for spag bol so they can’t see what they’re eating… It’s just so, so, so, so hard and frustrating!!

I’ve tried to get them “involved” in the kitchen and getting them to help me cook something healthy in the hope that they’ll want to eat what they’ve created… but as soon as they see a carrot come out of the fridge they run a hundred miles… I mean they LOVE helping me cook cakes and biscuits and stuff, but no hope with anything else… Maybe I should try little pizza’s or something?? I don’t know…

I will get in to some research though and see if I can make them see that what they’re eating is of not benefit to them whatsoever… see if I can get through to them that way… BUT how do I get them used to the “good food” when they only spend 5 nights out of 14 with us, and the rest eating crap food with their mother??

Any suggestions??
cherricola

Postby Freddy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:48 am

I'll have to think this over for a bit. No suggestions right now, but I'll try to think something up. I can't stand children being raised that way. It annoys the heck out of me. I will NOT raise my kid like that, I've learned from my own past, so the mistakes my parents made I will try NEVER to make those.
Freddy

Postby cherricola » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 pm

LOL. Love the southside gangsta comment there. Where on the Southside are you?? I was living in the city, but have just moved out to Riverhills.

Well, we’ve had a breakthrough with the kids (one of them at least). The older one (10yo) ate veges on Sunday night – even ate spinach!! My fiancée won’t even eat spinach!! I was so stoked. He ate all his veges – corn, peas, potato and spinach, and washed it down with a bottle of water!! :shock: the shock of it all, I nearly keeled over!! And to top all that off, he took fruit in his lunch yesterday, and came home with a big grin on his face telling me how good it was and he was so proud for eating healthy!! (we have them all week for the first week of the holidays) :)

The little one though, she’s a bit harder to crack. She’ll guzzle on water, but won’t eat any good foods… Frustrating as hell. I craked a wobbly on Sunday night – made her give her dinner to the dog and go to bed. Bit rough maybe, but we’re trying to get through to her somehow that she’s not going to live on junk food when she’s with us.

With your chicken recipe – I’ve got a similar one. Like you, I’m unsure if it’s completely healthy or not, but I do the same thing but sprinkle mine with Season-All Spicy. I use it on fish and pork too. Very tasty, and yes, the kids eat that too…

As for getting off the drugs etc – it wasn’t really that hard.. I just knew that if I didn’t stop it I was going to loose everything… I find the weightloss thing soooo much harder!! We need food…. Just not the shi**y stuff. I think I’m getting better at cutting the junk out, and using better cooking methods rather than frying etc… I weighed in this morning and was so happy to see that I’ve lost 3.4kg since I started two weeks ago… :D

Thanks so much for your support too!!! The forum is really great… I think it’s helping me much more than I thought it would – the people here are very supportive and offer help and advice wherever possible. Good luck to you too!! I’m sure with a lot of hard work we’ll both reach our goal… :)
cherricola

Postby Shalimar » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:13 pm

Good on you Cola, both on the weight loss and the vegie success with the kids :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby cherricola » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Hmm I might have to give pears a try myself... Funny thing is, I remember hating them by themselves, but I LOVE them in a can of two fruits... :?

I've read a few more of your posts Zarah, and you're doing really well!! Congrats!!

Wish I could say the same for me, but with the kids over the school holidays, and now the flu, I haven't managed to do much at all... :(

No matter though, once this flu has bitten the dust, I'll be back in to it harder than ever - especially after taking my "Before Photos" today... :oops:
cherricola

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:13 pm

Hiya, I just read through your posts and WOW. Good on you for getting sorted and trying to kick the weight.

I know what you mean about the Kids and healthy food. When my little brother lived with my mum (for a VERY short period of time) He would kick up a stink about EVERYthing she put in front of him, cos his dad would let him eat whatever he wanted and have softdrink constantly. He wouldnt even eat subway cos it was "healthy", though once he tried it he LOVED it.

Cant wait to hear more about your journey.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Return to Introductions