It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Free Newsletter

50+just hit 130 Need Buddy

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

50+just hit 130 Need Buddy

Postby Wilma Gecko » Tue May 16, 2006 6:47 am

Hi guys put me in the 25yrs of failed diets, Im an active full time worker love gardening Total cuboard stress aholic .You know the type ,House work allways done,work performance way up there
Deal with what life throw.Well cant take this wall down with out help, So if you round the same age know the signs How about we help each other . For the younger ones please find a way to deal with this IT DOES NOT GO AWAY JUST GETS HARDER EACH YEAR AS WE LIE TO OURSELVES<
Wilma Gecko

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 16, 2006 9:14 am

Hi Wilma, welcome to the forum. Have a look through the forum and I am sure you will find some helpful ideas around the place. If not, just throw a question out there and see what comes back!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 am

Hi Wilma, welcome to the forum.
I'm 50 years old and have been struggling to lose weight due to a thyroid gland condition I've had for a few years.
The Tony Ferguson diet seems to work very well with the scales going down every single day but you need to stick with it.
It contains lots of soy proteins and vitamins and I'm not even sure I should be consuming soy as it works against my thyroid medication :cry: but I'm still making enquiries with that.

If you wish to record your weight on a ticker graph here's a link to instructions on how to do so - Ticker Graph
There are a couple of challenges here, an exercise diary and a food diary (journal) It really helps to record your progress.
Dolly

Postby Angel » Tue May 16, 2006 12:59 pm

Welcome Wilma,
You've come to the right place, you'll get all support and advice you need to tackle the weight beast - my only wish is that I had found this site sooner!

Look forward to sharing our weightloss journey,
catch you in the forum,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby KimE » Tue May 16, 2006 7:24 pm

Hello Wilma and welcome to the forum.

Have a good look around, this site is really fantastic and the people are great. We all have different goal weights and are approaching the weight loss differently but still seem to encourage and support one another.

So good luck with your weight loss. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Thank you

Postby Wilma Gecko » Wed May 17, 2006 6:46 am

Thanks for the welcome ,will spend some time looking around
Wilma Gecko

Postby Fairie » Wed May 17, 2006 12:08 pm

Hi Wilma Gecko I am up there with you and it's not easy it just gets harder and harder every year.

I will be your Buddy as I need all the help I can get as well so PM or E-mail me if you like.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby juliejag » Mon May 22, 2006 4:29 pm

Hi Wilma, Yep I know what its like - Ive been on the roller coaster now for 20 years, and I just seem to be getting bigger and bigger! I definitely need a buddy, so if your interested let us know. This a fantastic website, you will meet some lovely people here and support is just amazing. Hope to hear from you.
juliejag

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 22, 2006 9:21 pm

Hi Wilma,
welcome to the forum! I can only imagine that it would get harder with the extra time of entrenced habits a slower metabolism and the health problems that can catch up to you as the years go on and with the burden of extra weight. Good on you for taking on that challenge. Hopefully this site will help!
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Introductions