It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

Hi there!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi there!

Postby lizzy85 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi there,

My name is Elizabeth and I'm 23 and 85kg. All my life i have struggled with my weight and i decided to join this forum to keep me motivated to become healthier and fitter. A few years ago my weight escalated to over 100kgs. At that point i made the deceision to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. It took me about a year to lose about 40kgs. I got down to 62kgs!!! It was the hardest but most rewarding thing i ever did, but the hardest thing was keeping it off. And as you can see i have found myself overwight and unfit yet again.

My goal is to reach 62kgs by May 2009. My wonderful boyfriend never knew me at that weight so i want to show him how sexy his girlfriend can be!! :lol:

I have joined the forum so that i can have the support of people going through the same challenges as me.

I'm so excited about this journey.
Liz

SW: 85.2
CW: 81.5
Mini Goal: 80 Reward: Pedicure
GW: 62
lizzy85

Re: Hi there!

Postby ClareG » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:44 pm

Hey Lizzy,
Thanks for your comment and support. I often feel that I am alone in this weight battle, so it is lovely to read about about other people who are fighting similar battles. And - even though logically I know that I am not the only person in the world to re-gain weight after working so hard to lose it, I am so angry at myself for letting myself go so far that I think I am too hard on myself. I will lose weight again - and this time I have the advantage of experience.
When you said "It was the hardest but most rewarding thing i ever did" - it really reminded me of how I felt when I lost my weight last time. I want to feel that way again!
I am excited about my journey as well - we both go in as experienced, battered old fighters this time - we are sure to succeed. :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGP41gj/]

~:~Clare ~:~
ClareG

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Hiya Lizzie.
We seem to all the in the same leakyboat at some point. Good on you for making the decision about your weight. I wish you all the luck . And even more of a good on you for realising what was happenning before you got to your heaviest again.

:) Yoyo
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Freddy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:36 pm

Hey Liz,

Welcome to the forums.
Freddy

Postby lizzy85 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:17 pm

Thanks everyone!!
Your support is already doing me a world of good.
Liz

SW: 85.2
CW: 81.5
Mini Goal: 80 Reward: Pedicure
GW: 62
lizzy85

Return to Introductions