It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 am

Free Newsletter

Hi!!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi!!!

Postby MakeMeSkinny » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Hello! My name is Laura and I live in Maitland, NSW. I'm 19, a full-time uni student and work at woolies at the moment and spend most of my free time at home with my family.

I guess I've joined this forum because while I'm not overweight (my BMI is around 22.. go figure), I'm a size 10-12 and quite short (163cms) and would love to get down to around 53kg by christmas.

I've tried the whole diet shake thing but they made me physically ill (I've since discovered I'm lactose intolerant - something I like to ignore now anyway).

A normal day for me would be -

Low-fat muesli and low fat yoghurt for breakfast

A chicken and salad sandwich for lunch on wholemeal bead with no butter - sometimes with a serve of chips

Crackers or pita chips for afternoon tea

A whole serve of sugar free jelly

A piece of steak or rissole or some other meat item I find in our refrigerator for dinner

Biscuits and lollies after dinner

6-8 glasses of water a day, sometimes alot of diet coke on top

Also I try and go to a cardio class at the gym 1-2 times a week, 2-3 pump classes and a yoga class... doesn't always happen though. Haven't been in two weeks due to assignment stress :s

My diet really frustrates me because I work so hard on eating healthy during the day - then get home and eat whatever. Does anyone have any low cost, low effort yummy ideas for dinner? I love veges in stirfrys so I'm thinking of buying a couple of the frozen packets I see at work?
MakeMeSkinny

Re: Hi!!!

Postby DennisPT » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Hello. Looks like you're trying to do the right things, just needs a bit of fine tuning. OK, I would have the low fat muesli for brekkie and the low or no fat yoghurt for morning tea, rather than together if you can. Lunch looks OK, but I would change from wholemeal to multigrain bread, and not have the serve of chips. You need to have afternoon tea. A healthier choice than the crackers and pita chips might be some carrot or celery sticks and 6-10 almonds. I'd forget the jelly for the time being. Biscuits and lollies after dinner are a no no. Try for a nice flavoured no fat yoghurt instead at around 8 or 9 o'clock as a bit of a treat. This type of eating plan is much lower GI and has a lot less carbs in it and a little more protein to help keep you feeling a little fuller. It will also even out some of the insulin spikes you are getting in response to the way you have been eating. The frozen packer veggies from Wollies are fine. So yourself a massive favour and GET OFF the Diet Coke. You can have 1 or 2 only regular cokes a week as a treat, but preferably green tea or water.
Best of luck.
DennisPT
registered and insured Personal Trainer
DennisPT

Return to Introductions