It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Hiya :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hiya :)

Postby Peaches » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:16 pm

Hi,

I just found this forum and it looked awesome so I thought i would come here and try to reach my goal with some other people who are facing the same challenges as myself :)

I started my weight loss about 2 weeks ago at 144.5kgs and am down to 139kgs atm. My ultimate goal is to get to 88kgs which is the maximum weight i will need to be to join the defence force.

I am using lite n easy so i dont really have to worry about the food and shopping as i am terrible at it and have started on duromine today. I try to walk for 30 mins on as many days as possible but to be honest it is hard to find the motivation. I think that the excersize part is one of the biggest challenges for myself.

I look forward to meeting everyone and getting to our goal weights and making new friends :)
Peaches

Re: Hiya :)

Postby Shalimar » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi Peaches, welcome and the best of luck there is a lot of support in here :D . Enjoy.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Fat Bottomed Girl » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:08 pm

Welcome to the forum Peaches. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Cheers
Sharon
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wG1T5nI/]
[/url]

****Do it TODAY****
Fat Bottomed Girl

Postby Johnny_walts » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy Here! Now you are right place.
Johnny_walts

Postby BeyondBeauty » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi Peaches!

Like you, I found exercise to be my biggest challenge... I'm NOT a team sport/group fitness girl, and I hated gyms and thought they were all the same - that was, until I found my current gym.

I live in a rural area and found what was initially an all-female gym. It's located on the outskirts of town, so during the day you see a lovely semi-rural view and of an evening you see the twinkling lights of the town. There only place you will find mirrors is in the bathroom, and in the hair salon - yes, there is a hair salon and a massage therapist and a nutritionist all available (at an extra fee).

The first week was the hardest, but I quickly came to realise that there is nothing intimidating about this 'gym' at all, the staff are so helpful and friendly and the atmosphere is warm and encouraging.

I started out simply using the exercise bike and the treadmill and as my confidence is building I am finding the courage to try other pieces of equipment such as the cross trainer and the weights circuit. This week, I plan on trying the Body Balance class as well.

Everyone is different when it comes to exercise, but it's a matter of finding what suits you best - sure, we'd all like to NOT exercise but at the end of the day, our body needs it. As my gym's motto says, 'train the body and the mind will follow'.

Best wishes!

BB x x
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby BeyondBeauty » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:45 pm

Oh, and people say "gym's are expensive!" and yes they are, if you pay for your membership outright... I am lucky as I get a discount because of where I work, but I pay my membership by fortnightly direct debits and it only costs me $12.50/week, I used to spend more than that on fast food!

I was using Lite n Easy as well, but unfortunately I couldn't sustain the cost - I've created my own meal plans which I pre-pack on the weekends and it costs me half as much - but if you can afford to stick with the Lite n Easy, go for it!

BB x x
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby Peaches » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:30 pm

Thanks for the advice, atm im still a little scared to step foot in a gym, so for my excersise atm i walk laps of my backyard, up and back (its about 40meters in length) and i do this for 30mins at a time. My ultimate goal is to get into a gym and get help from a PT, but until i build up my level of fitness and drop a few more kilos ill stay in the backyard :)
Peaches

Postby STRIVE » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:53 pm

So how are you finding Lite N Easy? I have only just started on it and finding it pretty good. Just wondered what your thoughts were.
STRIVE

Postby Jenn89 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:23 pm

Hi Peaches! First off welcome! I'm sure you'll find this site as useful as i have!

I wouldnt worry about being nervous at the gym! You've just got to remember that a lot of the people there have been through what we're going through! I'm sure you'll get there! And i'm envious...Lite N Easy? I wish...but alas, i'm a student, so my money is spent on other things...like rent... and food...and textbooks :P But my aunties on it and she seems to think its working very well. I hope it goes just as well for you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbjY6XK/]
[/url]

Do or do not...there is no try. :D

1st goal: 90 kg by 1/11
2nd goal: 80 kg by 22/12
3rd goal: 70 kg by 12/2
Jenn89

Postby miranda*jane » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Hi Peaches, and welcome to the "club" hehe.

Gyms are scary. I hate going by myself...I think that's why my $180 3 month membership went down the loo *shrugs*. But before I started, I was told that just by stepping through the door, you're making a change. The people on the inside would be proud of you, no matter your size, just for deciding to do something...

But each to her own, as I say. Laps of the back yard seems like a good alternative though...pity I can't GET to the back fence of my yard...silly trees.

Good luck with your journey though. :)

<3 M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby Jenn89 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:56 pm

Oh! And I just remembered about this diet I saw when I used to work at a book shop. The Clothesline Diet. Dont worry about making it to the gym. This chic did a diet and lost heaps of weight just by walking around the CLOTHESLINE! Imagine what you can do walking around the back yard! It's like 10 times as big as a clothesline :P

Whatever works, hey!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbjY6XK/]
[/url]

Do or do not...there is no try. :D

1st goal: 90 kg by 1/11
2nd goal: 80 kg by 22/12
3rd goal: 70 kg by 12/2
Jenn89

Return to Introductions