It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:12 am

Free Newsletter

*waves* New Here!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

*waves* New Here!

Postby cookiemonster » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:45 pm

Helloooooooooo!!!

My name is Ash and I am 21. I am depressed and miserable about my weight and really need a kickstart to get fit & healthy.
I have good reasons, I just never seem to be able to generate enough motivation.

I gave birth to my son 7 1/2 months ago, and during pregnancy I had a 30kg weight gain... which included me going from a 12DD to a ridiculous and uncomfortable 16J, which makes for really difficult and/or painful exercise. Since then I have actually put on weight... which is rather deflating.

I am breastfeeding, which is supposed to help with the weight loss, but I disagree :evil:.
I also have post-natal depression which is a less than pleasant experience and I also think the anti-depressants are hindering weight loss too.

I am not the greatest eater and really need to retrain myself on when and how frequently to eat during the day. One major marker is that I never eat breakfast, another is that I eat dinner really late as my fiance doesn't get home from work until 10pm... the two of which are the worst possible combination for my metabolism I am sure.

We are working on my PND at the moment, and am hoping that as it improves I will regain some functionality in the ability to undertake simple tasks like making myself dinner earlier rather than waiting for DF to get home. I also know that exercise will improve my depression so I need a kick up the butt for that too!

I am very much a results person, so I know this is going to be incredibly difficult for me to not give up straight away. I am really hoping being part of this forum will help me stay motivated and on track to a healthier, fitter lifestyle and a yummy mummy bod ;).
Cookiemonster... hoping to become a reformed chocoholic.

cookiemonster

Re: *waves* New Here!

Postby Skinny Mandy Moo » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:44 pm

Hey Cookie,

Thanks for the reply on my post....its nice to know I am not the only one out there with Junk Food issues. You are also the same age as me! I have put 30kg on in the past 2 years or so and I am currently trying to lose 40kg as I want to try and have a baby next year. I also suffered from really bad depression when I was younger which I gather is different to PND but in the end it all just means your down hey. I wish you all the best with your weight loss and maybe just maybe with the support of each other and others on this forum we might all lose this weight. It is going to be a long road but I am sure we can all reach our goal.
THIS IS NOT A DIET. IT IS A LIFESTYLE

Skinny Mandy Moo

Postby ClareG » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Hey CookieMonster! Welcome. I am a newbie too, but so far, have found this forum a great source of inspiration and motivation. Good Luck on your journey - I look forward to following your progress. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGP41gj/]

~:~Clare ~:~
ClareG

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:30 am

Hello and welcome ladies, all the best in reaching your goals.
There is heaps of inspiration in here so you are off to a great start :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:17 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes!!
It is great to hear that you have found some inspiration here too!

Skinny Mandy Moo: I have suffered from situational depression previously, PND is not really that different except in that it is triggered by a post natal state. Mine is making me really unhappy at the moment because it is making me want to hurt my little boy. I feel so much anger and resentment towards him somedays that it feels so cruel how an adoring mother (which I am, I love my bub, wouldn't change it for the world) can feel such hatred for her own child. I am hoping that an increase in exercise can help with my PND. GL on the TTC (and beyond), it is a very exciting time :D.
Cookiemonster... hoping to become a reformed chocoholic.

cookiemonster

Postby Tarz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Ash,
Welcome to the forum!
It sounds like you have had some trouble adjusting to your new life with bub, the exercise will definately help the PND.
Try and get yourself in the habit of eating breakfast, just a bowl of cereal is all you need. It'll kickstart your metabolism for the day. And trying to cook earlier will help to.
To keep yourself motivated take down all your stats, measurements, weights, get a photo of yourself in a certain outfit and each month update those stats and get a new photo in the same outfit. Just seeing the difference can make a huge difference to your motivation. You need to try and stick with it as much as possible, if you slip up, just get back on and keep going. It will be hard but so worth it. You'll have all the support and advice you need right here on the forum. Good luck
Tara
Tarz

Postby faTTi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:43 pm

You sound like me, i haven't eaten breakfast since i was a kid and I also don't eat dinner till really late also. Baby steps for me, I'm still going to eat dinner late if I want but its going to be a healthier dinner. When I adjust to that then I can work on the time I think.

Good luck, I hope you see some success soon

First Mini Goal: 100kg

faTTi

Postby BeyondBeauty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Hi Ash,

Seems like you're having a tough time - welcome to the forum, I hope you find all the support and inspiration you need.

Be well.

BB x x
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Return to Introductions