It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 am

Free Newsletter

Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everyone!

Postby mindy32 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm

Well, since I noticed quite a few other introductions on here today I decided it was time I added mine to the mix. I'm Belinda, 21, currently on a leave of absence from my 4th year of uni and working fulltime. I figure this is the most free time I have had in years so its the perfect time to loose those unwanted kilos. When i finished year 12 almost 4 years ago I had somehow let my weight get to 96kg at its highest and felt awful. I finally got myself into gear and gradually lost almost 20kg. Then silly me managed to put back on 4 and a bit kilos, so im now back up to 80.8kg. Part of my problem is I have a darling boyfriend who i wouldnt change for the world, but who can eat whatever he likes and has a great body. Being in the army means he's very fit and works off anything he eats. He's interstate living on base in Brisbane at the moment (both of us grew up here in Melbourne) so I have to make sure when he gets back in December for five weeks that I stick to my guns and eat healthy. I think i need to keep reminding myself that just because he can eat anything doesnt mean I should let him convince me to do it too!!

I have a terrible habit of talking far too much, so im sure I will be posting fairly often on here. Hopefully this forum will help me loose the weight so Im feeling a bit better about myself. I'd love to loose about 12 kilos, but if I feel like I have lost enough by a certain point I will readdress the situation. I've been reading through posts on here for the past week or so and found it so encouraging that there are so many other people out there doing the same thing and supporting each other, so here I am....

Looking forward to chatting to you all,
<3 Belinda
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:48 pm

mindy32 wrote:I have a terrible habit of talking far too much, so im sure I will be posting fairly often on here.

you sound like me :D

Welcome, look forward to taking this journey to a healthier lifestyle with you!
Cookiemonster... hoping to become a reformed chocoholic.

cookiemonster

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Hiya and Welcome. Gratz on the losses so far.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:17 pm

Hi, welcome and well done on your already lost weight, best of luck in losing the rest :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey Belinda.

It sucks doesn't it? My boyfriend's the same. Eats more or less what he wants...and still looks good (though I may be being bias *shruggs*). Aaron (BF) isn't an army brat though. He's a first degree black belt, so I guess training for his second might help...but I'm still jeallous...:(

Good luck with everything though.

<3 M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby Tarz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Belinda, Welcome to the forum. Don't you hate guys metabolisms :wink: Its unfair that they are blessed with faster ones.
Well done on the weight you lost before, it help you in knowing that you can do it. Knowing that you have 5 weeks to get into before your BF comes back will also help alot. Goodluck and i look forward to reading your progress.
Tara
Tarz

Postby STRIVE » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:56 am

Hi there!
Welcome. I have just recently taken on a weight loss challenge so your not at all alone. I'm looking to loose about 12kg too. Do you have any plans on how your going to achieve your goals?
STRIVE

Postby mindy32 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone!! Nice to know we're not alone sometimes.

Strive, im just doing the healthy eating routine and adding more exercise. Im not usually too unhealthy, but i need to curb the late night eating and junk food, and add some more exercise and hopefully I'll keep loosing the weight. Lost 0.5kg this week, so I guess I'm on my way!

Good luck to everyone, looking forward to talking to you all.

<3 Belinda
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby BeyondBeauty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:50 pm

Hi Belinda, welcome to the forum!

BB x x
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby STRIVE » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:26 am

Well that's excellent. You have made a terrific start. Keep up the really great work. I'll be sure to check in.
STRIVE

Return to Introductions