It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 am

Free Newsletter

Hello

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello

Postby springrainbow » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:16 pm

Hello.
I am from Brisbane, new to the Forums.
I am 50 yrs old, and have Plantar Faschitis, and ligament problems in ankle always swells.
I am trying to eat healthy food but not sure what to eat as i am not a lover of Salad at night for dinner.
Go out for a walk with my dog only can walk for 20 mins until pain comes back in foot.
Hope to get some ideas from you guys .
Have had some protein powder shakes but still hungry and it says you cannot eat bread or crispbreads while on it totally confused.
Have a nice day thanks :D
springrainbow

Re: Hello

Postby Jenn89 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Springrainbow,

maybe I can shed some light as to why your not allowed to eat bread whilst on a protein shake diet.

the principle part of the protein diet is so that its very low carb, the theory being that if you eat less carbs, then your body will start to eat the fat rather then the carbs, meaning you lose weight. It is very confusing, I know. Are you on a program like Tony Ferguson, or are you just trying the shakes to see how they go?

And yes...salad for dinner can leave you feeling quite empty in the stomach. I find it helps with the hunger if you eat heaps of lettuce, more then you originally put on your plate, because its mostly just water!

Hope this helps a little. I know how difficult it can be to lose weight when you have health issues. My mother is trying to lose weight, but she has osteo-arthritus and the doctor has told her she shouldn't walk more then 100 metres or up stairs at all.

Even if you just walk the 20 minutes or even just every 15 minutes, and even if its only every couple of days, its still worth it. every little bit helps.

Good luck on your journey!

Jen
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbjY6XK/]
[/url]

Do or do not...there is no try. :D

1st goal: 90 kg by 1/11
2nd goal: 80 kg by 22/12
3rd goal: 70 kg by 12/2
Jenn89

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi Springrainbow and welcome to the forum. Best of luck in reaching your goal :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby springrainbow » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 pm

Thank you Jenn89, and also Shalimar.
I appreciate the encouragement from you both. Jenn i am
taking a product called Isowhey Complete,not sure if you are familair.
with this powder, but apparently it has a 4 week intense meal replacement diary,
which i personally find is quite restrictive.
I will probally use the tub to finish it 2 soops each in 200ml of milk,rice milk, soy or water,
twice a day for lunch,dinner or brekkie.
I actually think i would just be better off using these lovely receipes on this board here,
Powder's do not keep me craving for carbs.Springrainbow :)
springrainbow

Postby Jenn89 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:30 pm

haha i know! I was doing tony Ferguson, and while I've found that that is quite good for a meal replacement plan when it came to foods you can eat (you had a meal, 2 x fruit, and as much veg as you want) THAT was too much for me. Might I suggest though, especially if you've already forked out a bit of cash for the diet your on now, that you try to stick to it for a week or so if you havent already, and see how it goes.

And we've all been through the cravings hun, just work through it. it'll get better in a few days, and pretty soon you wont even have them anymore (no guarantee :p)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbjY6XK/]
[/url]

Do or do not...there is no try. :D

1st goal: 90 kg by 1/11
2nd goal: 80 kg by 22/12
3rd goal: 70 kg by 12/2
Jenn89

Postby BeyondBeauty » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:43 pm

Code: Select all
Hi Springrainbow, welcome to the forum... Brisbane is a lovely city, used to live there myself and visit regularly to see my parents!

Best wishes with your endeavours.

BB x x
Progress to first mini-goal, deadline: 30 December 2008!
To believe you can, is everything.
BeyondBeauty

Postby tania2573 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:54 am

Hi
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your goals.This is a great place for support and motivation.Im so glad i found it as im sure i wouldnt be as far as i am without it and the lovely people here.Have a good day. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:07 am

Good Luck on your Journey Sweet and Welcome.

I have also tried shakes and found the smae sort of problems. Im on a VERY tight budget so I just have lots of veggies with a small portion of meat for dinner ( I dont like salads much myself) or an Omlette with veggies or ham and tomato. Last night I just have a wholemeal bread roll with yummy stuff on it. Its all about what keeps you satisfied and does blow your cals.

I would also check out http://www.calorieking.com.au Its a great site with LOOOTS of things to read.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Return to Introductions