It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Free Newsletter

My journey starts here...

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

My journey starts here...

Postby Lissi » Thu May 18, 2006 11:20 pm

Hi everyone. Thanks for this site. Its so hard to find support sites on the internet that aren't selling something. My name is liss and Im an 18 year old girl from melbourne. In the last couple of years I have struggled with my weight and I have gained 25 kilos. I am an emotional eater and I feel like my life is controlled by food. It makes me really sad to see slim girls my age going out and having fun knowing I don't have the confidence to join in. Instead of being couped up at home by my own insecurities I want to make friends and go out and be happy and confident. My goal is to go from 80 kilos down to 55 kilos.

I have tried lots of things to lose the weight. I joined Jenny Craig at the start of the year but I found the consultant patronising and very unsupportive of my situation. I am terrified of dieting because I had a mild eating disorder when I was 14-16 and my mind was consumed with calories and exercise and I became scared to put anything in my mouth. It was really awful and I don't want to go back to living like that. I recently joined the gym but am finding it difficult to drag myself to go. I'm not sure why but the gym scares me. I have a very supportive trainer who is very encouraging but another person can only do so much... It has to come from me and I feel like i'm fighting a losing battle.

I am hoping that keeping an online diary will help me on my journey to the new (or hidden) slim happy me. I will try and write every couple of days with my challenges and hopefully my celebrations. My goals for tomorrow are to get up early, eat healthy meals, and have a session at the gym. I hope that in a week I will have lost at least a kilo.
Thanks for listening.
Lissi

Postby Dolly » Thu May 18, 2006 11:43 pm

Lissi, welcome to the forum.
Stick to the diet that works best for you. Many people here just cut down the fat and carbs and are doing well.
If you wish to have a ticker graph to monitor your weight loss you can click here if you need instruction - http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=865
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Fri May 19, 2006 10:25 am

Hi Lissi, welcome :D . You need to set yourself mini goals and increase them as you meet them. And don't aim to lose more than a kilo a week. Even a kilo a week I feel is too much. The ultimate loss is 1/2 kilo a week. I know it's frustrating but at least that way you will be more likely to keep it off. And remember you need to start out slowly. Maybe you can start by cutting a couple of things from your diet. I don't know what you eat, but maybe if you have chocolate each day or something else that's not great for you then you could look at cutting it out every second day, or having it as a treat once a week if you've been good. And for the gym, make it a goal to get there twice a week for an hour each time or something. And maybe go for 2 walks for 40 mins or so twice a week. Make sure they are brisk walks tho and get yourself puffing. Swimming is excellent exercise, so if your gym has a pool or if there is a heated pool nearby, go and do a 30 mins swim session. And please don't worry about what other people think. You will be surprised and find that most people are thinking good on her for getting out and exercising. And remember it is much more important to be fit than thin! I am fairly fit but plump. It's extremely frustrating but it is much more important. Don't get too consumed with how many calories things have in them. Just try to cut back on what you are eating. If you are having a large dinner at night, maybe use a smaller plate and eat a little less. You can do it Lissi. We are all here to support you all the way. And another important thing is to smile! You will feel much better within yourself if you have a smile on your face! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Fri May 19, 2006 5:50 pm

Hi Lissi and welcome to the forum.

This is a great site with heaps of information. There are exercise and food diaries on here which can be a help you to keep a track on yourself.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Oh and read Rochelle's (Groovychic) post a few times there is some great advice there. Rochelle I love your posts. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun May 21, 2006 9:13 pm

Hi Lissi and welcome to the forum!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Tue May 23, 2006 4:40 am

You can do it, Lissi!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Angel » Wed May 24, 2006 2:34 pm

Hey Lissi, welcome to the forum,
I agree with Rochelle, set yourself mini goals to help you stay motivated. If you are terrified of dieting perhaps go and see a dietician so you can learn the right way to eat, you know everything in moderation, no food is evil. They should teach you how to eat right so you can make it a lifestyle change as opposed to a diet where you go on and come off. You know, something that you can continue to keep the weight off when you reach 55kgs.

Good luck in your weightloss journey, we are all here for you,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Return to Introductions