It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Intro - Time to get moving

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Intro - Time to get moving

Postby Alexandra » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:52 pm

Hello Everyone!

I've spent some time reading the inspirational stories and comments in this forum and decided to sign up! I've found some renewed inspiration to keep on track. By way of intro, this is how I came to be here...

About 15 years ago, not long after finishing high school, I woke up one morning and realised I had to do something about my weight that had troubled me since my teens - I weighed 92 kgs. I joined the local gym and exercised every day, ate healthly food and in 9 months had lost about 20 kgs. I was very close to my goal weight and thought that I could start eating whatever I wanted again. Soon after I moved away to uni and left the gym and exercise went out the window. Before long, I gained all the weight back and then some. Full time work, a hectic social life, stress, marriage, other commitments and all the excuses in the book kept me eating bad food and away from exercise. At my heaviest, I weighed 127 kgs (wow, don't think I've admitted that to anyone before!). I have such a long way to go but thankfully, I am now back on track and looking forwarding to reaching my goals for a healthly life!

Fortunately I found this forum with all the inspiration I need! Thanks for the support!

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Re: Intro - Time to get moving

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Welcome to the forums and Good Luck. It sounds like you know what you need to do and you are off to a good start. Cant wait to hear about your successes :)
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Shalimar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:11 am

Hello, welcome and good luck Alexandra, It is hard admitting our weight at times but it also feels good admitting it at the same time, a burden lifted if you like. Enjoy the forums :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Alexandra » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks - am finding motivation and lots of encouragement here instead of picking through the fridge! It's a great idea if we can all help each other! Thanks for your note yoyogirl - I can also understand the "yoyo" issue too - looking forward to hearing about your successes as well :D . Shalimar - your journey is nothing short of amazing! thanks for your kind wishes :D

Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Shalimar » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Thank you for your kind words :wink: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:26 pm

Ta hun :mrgreen:
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Return to Introductions