It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:13 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby dylansmummy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:41 pm

HELLOO! my names emma and im a mum to a 4 year old. Since about 2 years ago when i quit my job as a housekeeper at a busy resort (hard work lol), ive had a few struggles with my weight. Ive put on around 10kg and feel terrible!! over the last few weeks i have been eating pretty healthy lots of salads, fresh seafood and lots of water (havent really lost weight tho :x ) well now that ive changed my diet i wanna try a little bit harder..i am hoping to lose the weight by christmas..ive oredered 2 weeks supply of xenical to try..has anyone used it and had success? and also i walk alot but find i hate it when its too hot cold or windy lol so im thinking about hiring a treadmill for $14 a week. Now im just wondering is a treadmill as good as walking outdoors? cos wen im outside i need to keep walking so i can get home..but not sure if i can continously walk in one spot for an hour?? Dunno, wat do u guys think? :D

Re: hi!!

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Hello and welcome.
I can't help with the tablets as I've never taken them.

Walking is my main exercise, I like to do it along the beach but when I can't get there for whatever reason I just walk around the streets where I live. I was waiting on a courier today who I really didn't want to miss so I just set the timer on the microwave and walked up and down my hallway :P .
I have thought about a treadmill but I think I much prefer the outdoors. Good luck with your goals.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Re: hi!!

Postby MamaButterfly » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Hi, i used Xenical a while ago and it a way that you're so scared to eat in case you start "leaking" lol :P its ok short term. I used it for about a month, then realised it was more my healthy eating and walking that lost the weight for me and not the pills, so i stopped them and saved my money..kept doing what i was doing. :) So yeah, great if you need some help at the start but their not all that healthy for long term use...side effects etc...not to mention the money it'd cost :)

Return to Introductions