It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:40 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby soontolookdamhot » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:13 pm

hey everyone, im here because im fat and find i lose motivation so very easily. im 23 and weigh 87kgs and when u are only 158cms tall its not good at all. ive come here to help kick me up the butt so i dont start ANOTHER yr fat and overweight and unhappy with myself.
id like to know what everyone is doing for there diet and why u find that program works.
id like to know what everyones exercise routine looks like?
i never really dieted as ive never been bothered BUT im here now to get a body i deserve and doesnt make me cry at the thought of seeing it in the mirror as its been a long time since i have and i dont want to feel like this anymore, thank u for any and all advice. victoria.b

Re: victoria.b

Postby unnah2 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:32 am

Hi Victoria,

I joined today too!

In the past I lost a good deal of weight using the Tony Ferguson weight loss program as a kick start and attending weight watchers (which is where I got the most sensible advice on healthy eating).

The worst thing to hear but true, tried and tested is to excercise regularly. It wasn't until; I joined a gym and attended 3-4 times a week that I saw real weight loss and toning.

I feel off the wagon 2 years ago and I've just recently jumped back on. Hope you will find a way to make your journey and continue on the path to achieving weightloss and a healthy body.

Postby HealthyLiving8 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:43 am

warm big bear hugs for V
you're here because you will be with the NEXT SEXY THING circles

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 am

Hello, welcome and best of luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Postby soontolookdamhot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:59 am

thank u all for such nice replies, ive decided im gonna use a detox diet to get me started for a wk instead of a shake diet and then my only foods after that will be: fruit, vegies, cereal, bread, milk, cheese, yoghurt, meat will be what my meals are based around, i found some groups on sparkpeople so im going back to the days where they didnt eat so much take aways, chips, lollies, soft drink etc and im gonna stick to just 3 meals a day as when ive tryed eatin 3 smalls meals with 2 snacks i just cant stop eating. heres what i have planned after the wk of detox from aca.
brekkie: 1 cup of cereal with full cream milk, 1 toast, 200gms of yoghurt, cup of tea
lunch: meat and salad sandwich, 200gms of yoghurt, 1 fruit, cup of tea
dinner: meat and vegies, 1 fruit, and scoop of ice cream with the fruit.
how do i know if im getting enough of each food groups and if thats to much or not enough food for me, thanx victoria.b

Postby wizz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Hey Victoria

I am also 158 cm tall and currently 84.4 kg's, so we have similiar goals I am sure. Slow and steady wins the race :D
I am just eating sensibly following an old WW points book and exercising EVERY day - even if just for a short while. I will love to keep an eye on your progress...maybe we could even be buddies!!

Postby soontolookdamhot » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:53 pm

hey wizz, i dont mind how slow it comes off as long as it does hehe. how long u been doing points for? id love to be buddies, what days do u weigh in? i measure wkly as i find the cms come off way quicker then the scales ever show. got any tips for me? speak to u soon. victoria.b

Postby yoyogirl88 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Hiya and welcome. Best thing I can advice after a detox is to introduce "banned" (during detox) foods slowly back into your diet afterwards. I have done the detox thing myself.
My way of losing was basically eating less junk more healthy foods and not denying myself things just telling myself I didnt need them. I also made sure I had 3 square meals and 2 sometimes 3 snacks durng the course of the day ( fruit veggies saladas with tuna mmmmm). For exercise I was walking the dogs a half an hour in the morning and going to the gym a few times a week. I've lost 6kgs so far, now of course my goal is to maintain at least until after June next year. I hope this is helpful for you.

Good Luck you CAN do it. :D
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9

Return to Introductions